“Westin style...all the way!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Alexandria

Westin Alexandria
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Alexandria
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Westin style...all the way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

All of the 'heavenly' amenities...classy hotel in a central Alexandria location. Convenient shuttle to Metro and Old Town if you want to explore DC and all of the great dining options of Old Town! Great location for courthouse and federal buildings.

• 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Harker Heights, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We had the oppurtunity to stay at the Westin on our last trip to the DC area. We found the hotel very nice and the room was excellent. The location offered a great deal of oppurtunities to enjoy historic old town. We had some minor problems with the valet service but that was taken care of right away. The general manager personally took it upon himself to make sure that our needs were met and that we left happy. I would recommend this place to my fellow military members and would stay here again. I plan to be back in a few weeks before heading out on deployment.

mlamb

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed several times over the past months for attending federal court hearings in Alexandria.
The rooms are nicely decorated, clean and spacious.
The hotel restaurant is good for breakfast and dinner, with a Starbucks for a quick coffee around the corner on the same block.
The hotel gym is above avarage for hotels - a good plus.
Only comment I have is about internet connectivity - for the prices charged at this hotel - why not make it complimentary? This is a basic service for visitors these days.

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We booked a 4 night stay through the 4th of July and got a great price on Hotwire. Upon checking in we were greeted very warmly by a gentleman whose name I unfortunately can't remember. He was so helpful, though, in helping us with information regarding the metro on the 4th and with directions to the King Street station.

The room was quite more spacious than other hotels in the D.C. area and was clean and modern. The entire hotel was quite clean and well cared for. We had a comfortably-sized bathroom. The hotel was a bit farther walk than I expected to the King Street station but still much closer than another hotel we stayed at near the water in Old Town.

The cons:
* Lack of free wifi in rooms. For a hotel located in the business area of town you'd think you could get free wifi in the rooms and not have to use the "common areas" such as the lobby.
* Due to being in the business area, all restaurants/coffee shops/etc/ close early or are completely closed on the weekends. That was really incovenient.
* Menu advertises late night dining until (I think) 6:00 a.m., but after a late arrival we called around 2:10 a.m. and were told they stopped serving late night dining at 2:00 a.m. We went to bed without food.
* The valet guy let a taxi cab driver chew us out because we wanted to take a cab to the metro because we were carrying all our luggage to get to the airport. He should have not allowed that to happen and left us feeling like we weren't his problem anymore or valued guests after check-out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a great hotel. I was here for a two day meeting. Close the metro (3 blocks), very clean cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at, and friendly service. I would recommend the Westin Alexandria to anyone.

Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed at the Westin for one night this week while attending a meeting at the hotel. I arrived at 8am thnking that I'd have to wait until at least 3pm but the Front Desk was able to check me right in ....... while being friendly and efficient too! Love the Westin Heavenly Bed and the comforter is oh so comfortable, the room worked great for work and the shower heads were awesome too.

I would love to stay here again sometime soon. Thanks for taking such good care of me!

Boise, ID USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My adult daughter's review: " a tres cool hotel--I love you Westin, you're just my speed: quiet, clean, modern. The hotel van took us down to Old Town where we proceeded to eat our way up and down the streets." 'Got a fabulous Hotwire deal, check in was a cinch with no bad attitude, the spacious, immaculate room had a postcard perfect view of the George Washington Masonic Temple, a bit of a walk down the hall but we (the daughter, her husband and their 3 year old) loved it. We parked the car on the street, no problem on the weekend, there's also a garage in the area if one wants to avoid the valet parking. The shuttle proved to be very accommodating, a tip helps, longest wait about 11 minutes. Lots of restaurants in the area supplemented by snacks we brought from home. We only turned on TV once and parked the laptops in the room safe due to the charge for WiFi. Pool is small with a lifeguard and lounge chairs; workout room located near showers & locker room equiped with towels & toiletries. For some reason, the hotel seemed quite empty, so my review might have been less glowing with noisy neighbors, mysterious charges on the bill, long elevator or shuttle waits, an overflowing pool, or too busy staff. I'd mark it lower on value if I'd paid the rack rate. This trip was a great value that we'd love to repeat again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the George Washington Masonic Temple, but keep in mind its on the train track side...