I just returned from a stay in this hotel -- and it's wonderful.
- Although it's a major hotel market, the Washington area is known for having almost all pretty shabby properties. This place is NEW, beautifully designed, and nicer than almost anything else in Arlington or in Washington (and by far the best in Alexandria). It's worth the stay out in Alexandria, even if you're going in to DC in the days.
- Stunning lobby and modern, super comfortable guest rooms.
- Great area. King Street in Alexandria is full of character. Lots of shops and some FANTASTIC restaurants. Great place to spend an evening or a weekend day
- Whole Foods Market is about a 2 minute walk away. Great alternative for snacks or meals.
- Food in the hotel was top notch (had evening snack and morning breakfast) and prices were reasonable for the quality and the area.
- Staff was incredibly friendly and eager to please. (Hopefully this isn't just because the place is brand new -- and they can sustain the service level.)
- The only major con: my room (621) had an adjoining door to the next room. There seemed to be NO sound insulation -- I could hear EVERY word spoken by the guest next door in her one hour long phonecall. Her voice was crystal clear -- like she was sitting in my room in the chair next to me. **Not all rooms have adjoining doors, so be sure to request one WITHOUT when you check in.**
- The lobby Starbucks isn't open yet! (Was told it won't open til Fall of 2008). Fortunately the hotel serves Starbucks anyway.
- It is a bit of a long hike to King Street, but it's worth it. (10 min walk to the start of the shops/cafes, 35 minute walk to where it ends at the Potomac River)
My room was a deal at $220/night. Once the place is fully up and running, expect normal rates of $300+ here. (DC is one of the most expensive hotel areas in the country, and this is clearly one of the best hotels in the whole area.)
Will definitely stay here again when back in VA or DC!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Alexandria blends sophistication and elegance with the historic surroundings of Alexandria. Located in Old Town Alexandria, our hotel is an oasis of personal, instinctive comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Starwood, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Westin Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Alexandria Westin