“Home cooked meal like”
Review of SHISHKABOB GRILLE

SHISHKABOB GRILLE
Ranked #386 of 902 Restaurants in Alexandria
Reviewed September 9, 2015

Craving for home cooked meal like Mum used to with family
Came cross this little restaurant in Alexandria.
Wowo! Taset just like my Mum used to cook for holidays, birthday and anniversaries
Food so garden fresh, kabob so moist and juicy, let me tell you, it got my attention I will be regular

Date of visit: September 2015
2  Thank Jeniffer G

Reviewed September 9, 2015

WE loved it.it was great cannot wait to come back we came from Bay Area.. loved it was lovely visit great food so tasty..so clean ...#supper great

Date of visit: August 2015
2  Thank Simin N
Reviewed August 20, 2015

We went to Shishkabob Grille while we visited Alexandria, VA. The buffet was super fresh with lots of options. The kabobs were made fresh, the rice was really good and the bread was super fresh. The greek salad was really fresh and dressing was so good. They had lots of sides to choose from. My family had enough time and space to enjoy their meals. The servers were very nice and they answered all of our questions. Alexandria is a small town and having this beautiful restaurant in this town is great. I hope everyone makes it there.

Date of visit: July 2015
3  Thank Melissa N
Reviewed February 12, 2015

I was introduced to Shishkabob Grille (in the Landsdowne Shopping Center/Beulah and Telegraph Rds) a month ago and have already been back two more times! It is a small, cozy and friendly place to have lunch with friends and co-workers. The luncheon buffet is $10.99 and well worth the price. The buffet offers several types of rice from plain to pilaf to Chicken Briyani, lamb shanks in a nice tomato sauce, Tandori chicken, Kofta style ground beef kebabs, chicken kabobs, two soups, chick peas, spinach, a fresh Greek style salad, yogurt with cucumbers, stuffed grapes leaves, a sweet rice pudding, olives and pickled peppers. There is more, but I think you get the picture. The young ladies who greet and seat you...get your drinks are very pleasant and friendly. The only reason I don't give them 5 stars is the "naan" is dry and flavorless. Unlike the fresh baked naan you get from places like Food Corner II, but that's a different story. The last two times I have been there I have also loaded up a carry out container ($6.99/lb) for my wife. A nice assortment of dishes will run $10-13, but then it is more than one meal. I don't think they have been open more than a year, but it will definitely be added to one of my go-to places for lunch.

Date of visit: February 2015
3  Thank FairfaxLunchboy
Reviewed December 19, 2014

We recently tried this restaurant on a cold winter night, since we love Persian and Mediterranean food. We both ended up disappointed. We opted for the buffet, so we could try a wide variety of items. The various kabob meats had sat in their warming pans a long time, so they were bone dry. Only one entree was marked as "spicy," but several of the dishes we ate were super hot. Two were so over-spiced, that I couldn't finish them, because all I could taste was the heat. The one saving grace was dessert. Their firni is excellent, as was a rice pudding. We also tried the soft serve ice cream, which came out in a soupy mess from their machine. It was lukewarm. Maybe it was an off night for this restaurant, but we've decided to go elsewhere when we're in the mood for kabobs and Persian rice.

Date of visit: December 2014