“Great service. Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vaso's Kitchen

Vaso's Kitchen
Ranked #88 of 752 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Plainsboro, New Jersey
“Great service. Excellent food”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The service by far is what made this restaurant special. Very friendly attentive people. The restaurant itself is tiny but cozy. We went at an odd time so wasnt too crowded and got in without a reservation. The food was excellent. Would love to comd back if im in alexandria again

• Visited May 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“New-fangled News!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I strongly suspect that I might have a recessive gene from Iapetus The Piercer imbued on my DNA, because I have this "thing" for Greek food. I often go searching for Greek food and I try to tour a variety of the Greek restaurants in the area (and abroad) to properly and correctly build my personalis cibus culturae. So, suffering a sudden withdraw, I went again to Vaso's Kitchen in Alexandria, Virginia, for an emergency Greek fix.

I ordered my all-time favorite: Veal Valdostana. I also ordered fried calamari, and being an aggressive oenophile; I ordered a glass of white Greek wine to entertain my jaws while I waited anxiously for the "divinam carnes vitulinae" to be cooked for me. My server was a beautiful Russian lady who brought to my mind a puff of remembrance of Catherine II The Great. I was eating alone and in silence, and I couldn't help but notice that something was different this time in the place... it was a blow in the ambient... the patrons seemed to be inoculated with some sort of strange ecstasy... the air was filled with smiles of complicity... Bacchus was on vacation so it wasn't the food... something was brewing... it was a babeldom...

The veal Valdostana arrived moments later and I devoured it with the daintiness of the Waterford Crystal; but with the hunger of an enraged lion. Needles to say that the wine, the calamari and the Valdostana were of bombastic scent and of magniloquent taste. While eating, I worked incognito the Grape Vines with other customers, and I found out the excitement was due to that Vaso's is opening a new place in King Street! The mystery was resolved, and the food eaten; so I liquidate my check, I took a quick look at the legs of Catherina II The Great, and I left the place dreaming. Oh, right!, the standard stuff before I forget: celebrating ambience, talented prices, awesome food, and ambrosial desserts! See you at the new place!

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Vaso's Kitchen was excellent. The menu selection is varied and there is something to please everyone. My husband and I had different veal entrees which were equally excellent. The wait staff was attentive but never intrusive. It was similar to dining in Europe. The meal was relaxed and we were there for two hours. Wine selections were good. A definite stop if you are in Alexandria. It was walking distance from the Crowne Plaza, Alexandria.

• Visited April 2013
Shenandoah Valley
“Mmmmm good!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Vaso's Kitchen transported us back to our trips to Europe from the cozy surroundings to the incredible homemade Greek food. Their marinara sauce is chunky flavored with fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes. Their serving portions are so large that two people easily had more than enough. Even their appetizers are shareable. Their daily specials reflect local market finds but everything was fresh, well seasoned, and plated. Don't forget to try their desserts especially their homemade Tiramisu and Yalaktoboureko (rare find). Their staff is attentive and friendly. What a great spring surprise in a quaint Alexandria neighborhood. Treat yourself.

• Visited April 2013
New Delhi, India
“Locations and outdoor fun”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A nice Greek restaurant with outdoor seating. Though we were a group with a little kid the staff took very good care of us. The food was great as was the service.

Visited April 2013