“Love the soup taste as good as yaya's avogolemono.”
Review of Vaso's Kitchen

Vaso's Kitchen
Ranked #82 of 759 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Love the soup taste as good as yaya's avogolemono.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was really good can't wait to come back It was so great The presentation was good. Though they did mess up on an order it was still good

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Greek”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a great neighborhood place. I live a block away so I eat here a couple of times a month and have just about everything on the menu. The Gyro is easily the best in town, and the Athenian chicken is delicious, but it helps to call ahead and reserve that dish since they run out almost every night. All of the appetizers are very good, so we usually get a Greek Sampler to have a good mix. All of the seafood selections the have are very well prepared and they usually have several options. They also have a nice selection of Greek beers. Although not really Greek, they also make a good chicken parmesan and pizza.

• Visited January 2013
Washington, D.C.
“Great, fresh Greek & Mediterranean Food, Friendly Service”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Vaso's is a great neighborhood restaurant, friendly and cozy, with a well-prepared, fresh and tasty mix of Greek, Mediterranean and Italian dishes, and a staff that treats regulars like family. Very well run, Vaso's has a wide array of choices on the menu, from fish to chicken, lamb and beef, salads and Italian dishes. Prices are very reasonable too. While eating there on several different occasions, i saw customers and staff greet each other like old friends, with the owner even sitting down in the booth wtih a couple to chat for a few minutes during their lunch. I look forward to going back soon!

• Visited December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Stay away, it's only for locals...”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

...or that's what you might think passing by this tiny shack of a restaurant on a residential street north of old town Alexandria. The neon sign above this Cypriot restaurant advertises a barbeque pit, but inside Vaso's Kitchen you will find a truly family-run establishment filled with a striking diversity of customers at about 30 tables. We tried it after reading Tom Sietsema's review in the Washington Post, and we were not disappointed. As someone who puts high quality dishes on the family dinner table every night, I sometimes want to just go to a restaurant that will return the favor without depriving my first born of his inheritance. I want high-quality dishes served in a homey environment at a price that feels fair, and makes me want to be "a regular." There are so few places like this, so I am over the moon to discover Vaso's Kitchen. We had the Greek sampler to start, and boy is everyone right to recommend this. I had the best Gyro of my life there, and my wife reported a similarly exclamatory experience with her Chicken Souvlaki. When we looked around at other tables, everyone had beautiful things on their plates (the pork and veal dishes looked especially tantalizing). Make reservations and try to sit up front, where all the action is. We're locals, and we'll be back. But even if you aren't a local, you'll feel like one here.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank pugetsound70
MD
“Can't wait to go back again!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I chose this restaurant because I always enjoy Greek food and the reviews on TripAdvisor were great. My experienced proved that the reviews were spot on! Both the service and the food were wonderful. My waiter provided both excellent service & great food recommendations. On this first trip we focused on traditional Greek food: the saganaki, moussaka & the lamb shank were all delicious. I hope to visit again to try their breakfast before Vaso decides not to offer it anymore.