“Great Irish Pub....”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: O'Connell's closest metro is King street metro stop. You can jump on the Dash bus and it drops you at Fairfax and King, just two blocks from us ! Or try a water taxi from Dc into the port at the foot of King street.
Description: Sink into our comfortable surroundings in our truly unique atmosphere. View our mesmerizing array of Irish historical antiques and stroll through four ancient Irish bars with blazing fires. Enjoy the company of our warm Irish staff and meet the lovely people of Old Town. At Daniel O'Connell's, every balcony, nook and cranny has a story to tell and we invite you to learn about them while indulging in the bold and exciting culinary delights originally from modern Ireland.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Certainly a not miss while in town. Great atmosphere and entertainment while I was there. Bartenders are authentic from the old country and were very friendly...Busy, pub and great selection of beers and whiskies...

Reviewed August 16, 2013

It took 15 mins and one of us going to the bar to ask if anyone is working before we got service. Once we were recognized as new patrons the service improved.. We ordered the Calamari to start and we each ordered the fish & chips. Mixed reviews for the food.. the calamari had great flavor but the fish and chips were greasy.. but fresh quality.

1  Thank Mindful_Travels
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great place to stop for a drink with a friend. Cool old pub. Nice atmosphere. Friendly staff. We had fun.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I'm a bit of a pub nut, and every time I go to Old Town Alexandria, it is an unspoken rule that my family must visit O'Connells. Their food is great (I suggest the ever classic fish and chips) and the environment makes me feel like I'm in an old Irish pub, which you basically are! A lot of the décor is actually from old Ireland, can't recall if they came from an Irish pub or not, but I am 99% sure they did!! And their bread pudding is to die for! So don't miss out and add O'Connells to you DC/Old Alexandria dining experience!!

Thank john.vannoy
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Pub décor is outstanding and comfortable. Andrea was running the 2nd floor bar and did an excellent job taking care of us...thank you, again! The BBQ pork wings were phenomenal and my Dunmore East Seafood Pie was incredible. I normally get the Shepherds Pie but Andrea recommended the Seafood Pie and it did not disappoint. Great location and a good spot to catch any sports events on the multiple TVs. Slainte'!