“Great restaurant tucked away on Route 1”
Review of Cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan
Ranked #46 of 770 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huntington
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I drove by The Cosmopolitan countless times and did not realize it was there until some friends took me & my husband. Wow! I loved their spatzele & schnitzel. The beer selection was first rate, and the service was friendly and capable. I didn't have dessert, but there's a Sweet Frog next door!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had been wanting to try this place for awhile, and we finally were able to go in for lunch. The ambiance was unexpectedly nice, for being in a strip mall next to Gold's Gym. They have reserved parking for patrons of the restaurant so we were able to snag one of those. However, there is ample parking. We immediately were greeted when we walked in, and allowed to pick our own table. We arrived pretty soon after it opened and there was one other couple there. Our waitress was lovely and very attentive without being pushy. We ordered two cokes and it was brought out and poured for us. I prefer fountain drinks, so when I go back I will have their iced tea. The best thing in my opinion was there delicious hot bread, with the feta cheese/sour cream spread. It was the BEST. I had the chicken snitzel with fries, and it was great. I almost ate all of my food, but was able to bring some home with me. I am looking forward to going back and trying their yummy food again.

2  Thank Anne J
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We live very close to the Cosmopolitan and enjoy visiting. I've had lunch with girlfriends and dinner with family there. It's always a good experience. They are very friendly, courteous and go out of their way to make sure your dining experience is good. I particularly like their Bosnian Burger. It's huge and I usually take half of it home. The sauce on it is delicious. All in all, a great place to dine in an area where there is normally just chains and mediocre dining.

2  Thank sledgejoyce
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went out with another couple. Food was wonderful, including the crepes desert. Had leftovers to take home.

1  Thank Treybo
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My daughter & son-in-law offered to take me out for Mother's Day and I decided to try a new place. This was ranked #3 out of over 600 in Alexandria. It's located in a shopping mall so I figured correctly parking would not be a problem.

It fondly reminded us of our time in Europe. Everyone was friendly and the food was exceptional. We'll be back I'm sure.

2  Thank JayneHikingAddict