“Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan
Ranked #46 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huntington
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had been wanting to try this place for awhile, and we finally were able to go in for lunch. The ambiance was unexpectedly nice, for being in a strip mall next to Gold's Gym. They have reserved parking for patrons of the restaurant so we were able to snag one of those. However, there is ample parking. We immediately were greeted when we walked in, and allowed to pick our own table. We arrived pretty soon after it opened and there was one other couple there. Our waitress was lovely and very attentive without being pushy. We ordered two cokes and it was brought out and poured for us. I prefer fountain drinks, so when I go back I will have their iced tea. The best thing in my opinion was there delicious hot bread, with the feta cheese/sour cream spread. It was the BEST. I had the chicken snitzel with fries, and it was great. I almost ate all of my food, but was able to bring some home with me. I am looking forward to going back and trying their yummy food again.

2  Thank Anne J

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We live very close to the Cosmopolitan and enjoy visiting. I've had lunch with girlfriends and dinner with family there. It's always a good experience. They are very friendly, courteous and go out of their way to make sure your dining experience is good. I particularly like their Bosnian Burger. It's huge and I usually take half of it home. The sauce on it is delicious. All in all, a great place to dine in an area where there is normally just chains and mediocre dining.

2  Thank sledgejoyce
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went out with another couple. Food was wonderful, including the crepes desert. Had leftovers to take home.

1  Thank Treybo
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My daughter & son-in-law offered to take me out for Mother's Day and I decided to try a new place. This was ranked #3 out of over 600 in Alexandria. It's located in a shopping mall so I figured correctly parking would not be a problem.

It fondly reminded us of our time in Europe. Everyone was friendly and the food was exceptional. We'll be back I'm sure.

2  Thank JayneHikingAddict
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I decided that I wanted to go to Cosmopolitan after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. It was pretty easy to find based on the comments by others. There are several parking spaces reserved for the restaurant's customers. There were 4 people in our party, my husband and myself, our teenage daughter, and our friend. We arrived about 5 on a Thursday night and were seated quickly. The space was nicely decorated and had light coming in from outside. We were given the special bread and sauce, which I am not even going to try to spell. It was very good and refilled through the meal. We had a pleasant waitress. We all ordered non-alcoholic drinks. The iced tea was fresh brewed. We had an appetizer of tomato, basil, and fresh mozzarella, which was good and fresh. I had wiener schnitzel with salad and my daughter had wiener schnitzel and fries. The veal was cooked nicely, was pounded thin, and had a good flavor. The fries were nothing special, but the rest of us enjoyed the salad with the citrus vinegar dressing. My husband had the rolled veal and enjoyed that too. My friend liked her crab cakes. We were too full for dessert. This is a nice place for a special meal.