“Excellent food at Cosmopolitan Grill”
Review of Cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan
Ranked #46 of 770 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huntington
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Went out with another couple. Food was wonderful, including the crepes desert. Had leftovers to take home.

1  Thank Treybo

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My daughter & son-in-law offered to take me out for Mother's Day and I decided to try a new place. This was ranked #3 out of over 600 in Alexandria. It's located in a shopping mall so I figured correctly parking would not be a problem.

It fondly reminded us of our time in Europe. Everyone was friendly and the food was exceptional. We'll be back I'm sure.

2  Thank JayneHikingAddict
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I decided that I wanted to go to Cosmopolitan after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. It was pretty easy to find based on the comments by others. There are several parking spaces reserved for the restaurant's customers. There were 4 people in our party, my husband and myself, our teenage daughter, and our friend. We arrived about 5 on a Thursday night and were seated quickly. The space was nicely decorated and had light coming in from outside. We were given the special bread and sauce, which I am not even going to try to spell. It was very good and refilled through the meal. We had a pleasant waitress. We all ordered non-alcoholic drinks. The iced tea was fresh brewed. We had an appetizer of tomato, basil, and fresh mozzarella, which was good and fresh. I had wiener schnitzel with salad and my daughter had wiener schnitzel and fries. The veal was cooked nicely, was pounded thin, and had a good flavor. The fries were nothing special, but the rest of us enjoyed the salad with the citrus vinegar dressing. My husband had the rolled veal and enjoyed that too. My friend liked her crab cakes. We were too full for dessert. This is a nice place for a special meal.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Read about Cosmopolitan in Trip Advisor and convinced another couple (life long friends) who also enjoy fine dining to give the place a try. We dined there on May 3, 2014 on a Saturday evening. Walked in without a reservation on a Saturday about 8:30 PM and the place was busy. We were given a table near the kitchen and it was a rather busy place to sit. Shortly after we had sat down and water was served, the manager came and moved us to a table nearer the center of the restaurant that had just been cleared and cleaned -- a real touch of customer service. The place is quaint, the chairs are very comfortable and nice, and wait staff extremely courteous, friendly, and professional. We were served a special type of bread which appeared to be a home made small round of bread that was delicious along with a feta butter. Three of us ordered the jager schnitzel, two with vegetables and one with a salad. The fourth diner had the regular weiner schnitzel with fries. I had requested spatzle as a substitute for veggies but was advised by our waitress that they had run out of spatzle ( a true indication that the spatzle is made in the kitchen and not from a box !!) so I settled for the veggies. The point in this is that the staff readily accommodates special requests for menu alterations. All of the schnitzels were really delicious and made from real fresh veal-- a rarity in most restaurants these days. The vegetables were grilled to perfection and included red bell peppers, potatoes, mushrooms, onions, and asparagus. My wife said her salad was good but had a tad more vinegar than she normally likes, however, she did bring it home and finished it later. (Perhaps a Bosnian influence with the vinegar). Our friends chose two different kinds of beers and really enjoyed them. As the designated driver, I had coke and my wife had her usual water. Due to the size of the entrees, we had to pass on the desserts. Cosmopolitan is a great dining experience and we will definitely return and, very likely, our daughters and their husbands will join us. Outdoor seating is limited to two tables on a sidewalk environment between Gold's Gym and an ice cream store. I believe that the tables are there for folks who come only for a snack or coffee or something quick. Overall-- a really great evening spent enjoying really great food !!!I I very highly recommend this restaurant and I am glad to see that Trip Advisor contributors find it to be as enjoyable as we did.

3  Thank armypilot
Reviewed April 14, 2014

If I hadn't read the reviews, I would never have found this delicious restaurant in a nondescript strip mall. My boyfriend and I had an appointment in the area and wanted to get lunch some place that was not a chain or fast food. I was not impressed with the view from the street but the restaurant looked clean and interesting and the menu tempting. Service was pleasant and simple and the ambience has the feel of a family-owned business. Right away, a wonderful bread was served with a sour cream and feta dip that I had never tasted before. It was fresh and something totally different besides being yummy and light. I could have made a meal of that alone. We split an order of Ćevapčići with Ajvar and Onions and fought over the last piece (7 in appetizer order.) We also shared an entree of Jaeger Schnitzel. My boyfriend likes spicy food so he was underwhelmed with the mushroom sauce that has a very mild flavor but I thought it was great. The veal was tender and plentiful. Lots of vegetables that were perfectly cooked and seasoned were served along with the entree making a salad unnecessary. I loved Cosmopolitan and I will definitely return to try something else on the diverse and interesting menu.

1  Thank LisaKay50