“I Can't Believe I Never Heard of this Place Before”
Review of Cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan
Ranked #59 of 765 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huntington
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Looking for good German food, a rarity in Northern Virginia, my wife and I stumbled on the Cosmopolitan Grill pretty much by accident. Not all the selections are German, but I had the Wiener schnitzel and she the Jaeger Schnitzel. We agreed that not only were our selections the best we have had outside of Germany, but among the best we have ever had, including Germany. In addition, the price was very reasonable and the staff could not have been friendlier. The place is not fancy, but very comfortable and was pretty much full on a Tuesday night, something I do not see that often around here. We will be going back soon.

1  Thank Amidelamer
There are newer reviews for Cosmopolitan

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I had the Caesar salad with the fish sandwich (tilapia) it was really good. They have a good selection on beers and wine. Employees work really hard since the place was packed (family business). It was a great surprise to have a meal at such a cozy place.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant doesn't offer to much from outside, but once inside, there is another vibe.
The food was delicious and the staff very attentive. Thanks for a great evening!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Two long-time German friends and I met here for lunch. I had found the restaurant on Trip Advisor and suggested it (they live in the Virginia DC suburbs and I live in Pennsylvania). One of my friends went there for lunch to check it out and really liked it. And then she went back with other friends for dinner! So she had vouched for it to us. And the restaurant did not let us down. My two friends had Weiner Schnitzel which they pronounced excellent. I had a Zuriche Geschnetzl dish which was smaller pieces of veal in a cream sauce with sliced mushrooms. It was served with hand-made spaetzle (little German-style dumplings) with crisp fried thinly sliced onions on top. The portions are generous enough that I brought home half of the meal and am looking forward to a reprise in a day or two. There is a full bar and wine list, and a very appealing dessert menu - which we were too full to appreciate. I wish Iived closer to this restaurant - it could easily become a regular haunt for me!

1  Thank Barbara H
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I don't know where to start, but you can't go wrong with any of the food you order. The service is excellent and friendly.