“Great Experience!”

Cuisines: Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huntington
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant doesn't offer to much from outside, but once inside, there is another vibe.
The food was delicious and the staff very attentive. Thanks for a great evening!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Two long-time German friends and I met here for lunch. I had found the restaurant on Trip Advisor and suggested it (they live in the Virginia DC suburbs and I live in Pennsylvania). One of my friends went there for lunch to check it out and really liked it. And then she went back with other friends for dinner! So she had vouched for it to us. And the restaurant did not let us down. My two friends had Weiner Schnitzel which they pronounced excellent. I had a Zuriche Geschnetzl dish which was smaller pieces of veal in a cream sauce with sliced mushrooms. It was served with hand-made spaetzle (little German-style dumplings) with crisp fried thinly sliced onions on top. The portions are generous enough that I brought home half of the meal and am looking forward to a reprise in a day or two. There is a full bar and wine list, and a very appealing dessert menu - which we were too full to appreciate. I wish Iived closer to this restaurant - it could easily become a regular haunt for me!

1  Thank Barbara H
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I don't know where to start, but you can't go wrong with any of the food you order. The service is excellent and friendly.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We came to this restaurant on the recommendation of the workers at the local Starbucks. We had just been to Mount Vernon, the Mount Vernon Inn was closed, and we didn't want to go to far into Alexandria, we had to get out of town. My wife had the lamb chops, I had the ribeye. We also had the fried calamari. Everything was perfect. Not much into Yugoslavian food (never had it) but the service was great. No complaints whatsoever.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I found Cosmo on tripadvisor and am so thankful! I prefer to try local restaurants to the trendy over-priced tourist restaurants.
I agree with other reviews that the neighborhood is off-putting if you've been hanging out in the "pretty parts" of the touristy areas. However, aren't some of the best local establishments usually in the older parts of a town?
At Cosmo, I was greeted promptly and professionally by a mature woman. Given my choice of a few areas to be seated I chose a quiet corner near the restrooms.
I asked her for a wine recommendation and she promptly brought two reds (after asking my preference) from Croatia. I liked them both and chose the Bubic.
I was given wine, ice water and warm, delicious bread very quickly following my arrival. I was given time to peruse the menu and when asked which of two entrees she recommends she responded with the Wiener Schnitzel without pause.
The entree was tender and perfectly pan-fried along-side a fresh, crisp salad. My water was refilled promptly. Every server smiled at me as they walked by my table but weren't intrusive in any way. I enjoyed the nice music and atmosphere very much! I'd highly recommend this lovely restaurant!

1  Thank Susan H