“Local custard shop!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Francisco, California
“Local custard shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I love this place and their custard. It's a local joint with great custard. One flavor of the day (normally) and then several sorbet flavors. Mozambique is my favorite. Can't wait to have another cone.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Frozen Custard Ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I absolutely loved the frozen custard ice cream. I got chocolate and coconut cream and both were rich and fantastic. This has got to be the best I have ever tasted and I love ice cream. The long lines are well worth it. I am going to make it a point to visit this shop every time I visit Alexandria!

Visited June 2014
“Great custard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We loved the custard and the fact that they had not only the standard vanilla and chocolate, but also had strawberry custard. Doggie ice cream for sale was an added bonus. We didn't try the hard serve ice cream, but there were lots of options. The line was a little long, but it moved quickly. We will definitely visit again.

Houston, Texas
“Charming decor. Ordinary Custard.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Heard a lot of good things about the custard here so decided to check it out on a weekend. There was a long line inside the store but was moving fairly quickly. They have several items on the menu, but custard and sherbet seem to be specialities. The atmosphere is very casual and you can tell the locals love this place.

I went with the fudge brownie sundae. They load it up with lots of brownies and give you a good amount for how much you pay. However, I didn't find the custard to be anything out of the ordinary. My friend ordered the strawberry rhubarb pie + scoop of custard and also though it was average.

It may be worth stopping by if you're in the Del Ray area, but don't have high expectations.

Alexandria, Virginia
“It's a strong competitor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

If you like frozen custard and you know about Carl's in Fredericksburg, you will love this place. It's got everything Carl's has and you don't have to wait for over an hour to drive down 95 to get to Carl's because this place is in Del Ray.
My daughter and I got the frozen custard and it was just as good if not better than Carl's and to me, Carl's is the place to beat. And yes, you'll have a line to get in just like Carl's BUT for those of you who are digital $$ folks, The Dairy Godmother takes CREDIT CARDS!!!
You gotta go. I'm going back. I'm in heaven without having to be in a traffic jam going to Fredericksburg!

• Visited May 2014