“Delicious Frozen Custard”

Ranked #3 of 34 Dessert in Alexandria
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Just tried this for the first time and was very impressed - the custard is thick, rich and delicious. The special flavor of the day was particularly good, though it was hard to decide what to get! They also had an interesting variety of ice pops, but had to try the custard.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Mmmmmm! True Milwaukee style custard ...very good and creamy. Cookies are good too and you can sit in the President's seat.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I have a legitimate addiction to Dairy Godmother. We probably go once a week, no matter the time of year. When it closes in the off-season (only about a month during January/February), it's a little bit harder to wake up every morning, knowing I can't satiate my craving for this delicious custard. I take all of my out-of-town friends here when they visit. Also, bonus points for having dog-friendly treats and being visited by the Obamas! They even painted the chair Obama sat in to commemorate it.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

However, I agree the customer service is eh. Sometimes it's good, my last visit was great. Other times I've felt rushed even when I'm one of very few if any customers. The vanilla custard is so yummy and the chocolate is so chocolaty. The chocolate chip cookies are chewy and delicious, warm them and top with custard and you're on cloud 9. Ill keep going because I'm not expecting much in terms of service from a custard shop. Prices aren't bad either.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I don't know if they use milk from Wisconsin cows, but they sure must be happy cows! Seriously, you have to stop here!