“Great atmosphere and service, and really good good.”
Review of La Tasca Old Town

La Tasca Old Town
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tasca Old Town is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 770 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Transit: King Street Metro (Yellow & Blue Lines) Also, take advantage of the King Street Trolley, a free trolley from the King Street metro stop all the way to the harbor. We are located between Washington Street and St Asaph Street.
Description: La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain—warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality.With a combination of many tapas dishes, paellas, sangria blends and Spanish wines and beers, La Tasca has something for everyone.We strive to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in our restaurants
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great food and the sangria was awesome too! Make sure you try the bacon wrapped dates and the garlic shrimp. If you can make reservations or you can try to eat in three bar area.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had dinner as a couple, was kinda loud however the food was fine.
We were comming back after a past visit however probally will not do again.
I would recommend for groups or to stop for some wine and a bite to eat.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Love the white sangria! So good. I took an out of town friend there and she loved it. They are also very good at accommodating gluten free diets, which I'm discovering is hard to find!! The food was out quickly and cooked perfectly. We weren't rushed from our table. It was a great evening.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

For dinner, our group of five got an order of seafood paella and the tapas tasting menu. We had the perfect amount of food. The tapas were brought out three at a time. All of them were delicious, but the shrimp and scallops wrapped in bacon were AMAZING. The atmosphere was good, very relaxed and family friendly. A coupon is available for 20% off tapas at a nearby residence inn, which saved us over $20.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I went to La Tasca last evening with my girlfriend for a casual night out. We have dined previously at this La Tasca and am contemplating not going back. We sat in the section behind the hostess against the railing. We ordered the rockfish, salmon, eggplant, asparagus and spinach with nuts/cranberries.

Rocfish was great
Salmon was dry
Eggplant with awesome with the goat cheese
Spinach was okay...

The problem was with the asparagus, I informed the waiter upon ordering that I am allergic to mushrooms, please NO mushrooms. The asparagus came out covered with them, and the gentleman who brought them out was not our waiter... fine. I informed him that I am allergic to mushrooms, he looked confused and took them away and immediately brought over a bowl full of mushrooms, sour cream and nuts... He said, "Oops, here you go" as he put them down and walked away.

I flagged down our waiter, informed him, he said "Oh no" and walked away, leaving the dish which I didn't order on the table. I am a patient guy but I noticed I was drinking my sangria much faster at this point...

Fifteen minutes later as we are about to wrap up, our main waiter brought our asparagus with a lemon and finally took the bowl of mushrooms away.

The bill came out, and was 80.00, no adjustments for the inconvenience - I paid, tipped and we left. Much like my father and other guys (I'm certain), we try to not make a scene when we are out with our significant others - that being said, I was disappointed with the service last evening.