“Great Ambience, But...”
Review of La Tasca

La Tasca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tasca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 769 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Transit: King Street Metro (Yellow & Blue Lines) Also, take advantage of the King Street Trolley, a free trolley from the King Street metro stop all the way to the harbor. We are located between Washington Street and St Asaph Street.
Description: La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain—warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality.With a combination of many tapas dishes, paellas, sangria blends and Spanish wines and beers, La Tasca has something for everyone.We strive to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in our restaurants
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The sangria and the ambiance were really wonderful, but the food left me disappointed. The menu is well written and the appetizers sounded and looked fantastic but when I tasted them, I felt that everything was under-seasoned. The service was average, not bad but not stellar. I would give it another try if I go back to the area only because the ambiance and the sangrias were pretty cool.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I went by this restaurant a few times and wanted to try their food. Last Friday, he made a reservation to celebrate my birthday and we were very excited about this place. To make this review short, I got very sick that night and the following day. Food poisoning. The staff are very unfriendly. The table was disgusting, the menu, my drink, my plate, my arms were sticking to the table. I am not a chef, but I can make better paella then the one I had there. The only thing that was good in this restaurant, was my husband company and the great band. If you just want to have a drink and enjoy the entertainment it is okay, but to eat there it is a big NO-NO. Too price for the lack of quality.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stopped here for happy hour, which ended up being a great decision. The Tapas were great and came out to the table relatively fast. The half-price specials for happy hour made it even better. The only downside is that most of the tapas served at Happy Hour were fried. Service was good despite the fact that the place was packed. It was rather loud in the restaurant, but the food was good so we were able to overlook the noise. They recently changed their dessert menu, so the Tres Leches cake is no longer served there. That was a major disappointment!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

What a disaster of a place. After a very relaxing weekend in VA we decided to stop here on the way home. Perhaps a reminder of the tapas we had in Madrid. Not! First, what, the, what, place
was what, thunderously loud. Not, just a little loud, but so loud that it physically hurt. We asked to be moved but all other tables were reserved even though there was entire room of empty tables. Second, these bland servings were nothing like what we had in Madrid. And finally the prices are way too high for the portions that you get. Thankfully we escaped after four dishes. If you are looking for a pleasant dinner of authentic tapas, for a fair price, then go elsewhere.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I love Spanish food; in particular, I love gazpacho. This restaurant has its own take on gazpacho with egg on it that I didn't care for. I wanted authentic Andalusian gazpacho and the chef made it FRESH! Now that's outstanding customer service. I loved the tapa portions of food which allowed us to try several different things. The little lamb chops were WONDERFUL! I could have had another portion of those. This restaurant is just another reason why I love eating in Old Town.