“Good Tapas” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Tasca

La Tasca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tasca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 737 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Transit: King Street Metro (Yellow & Blue Lines) Also, take advantage of the King Street Trolley, a free trolley from the King Street metro stop all the way to the harbor. We are located between Washington Street and St Asaph Street.
Description: La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain—warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality.With a combination of many tapas dishes, paellas, sangria blends and Spanish wines and beers, La Tasca has something for everyone.We strive to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in our restaurants
“Good Tapas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Went out here with family for dinner. It was good. Nothing to be blown out of the water. The sangria was pretty good. The service was good

. The only problem we had was that the hostess was upset because we didn't want to sit at the first table she gave us. It was a Sunday and the place was pretty empty. She sat us next to a family were we could barely pull the seat out to sit down with out hitting the person behind. So I asked for another table and she made a face. Very unprofessional on her behalf. I guess she needs a reminder that the customers are paying for their product and service.

Not disappointed at all with the Tapas. Good variety and plenty of flavor. Good place for family dinner.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

San Antonio, Texas
“Great Tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I have been here several times and have yet to be disappointed. From solo at the bar, to a couple, to dinner with friends we are always satisfied. The food is tasty and service attentive. Definitely a go to place in Alexandria.

• Visited February 2013
Washington, DC
“So delicious and fun, too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our second time visiting La Tasca in the last year and we were celebrating a birthday. Starting with the Cadillac Sangrias, both the red and the white are delicious and get you off on the right food for a fun evening and amazing food. The catalan bread is a good starter, the spinach is surprisingly amazing, both lamb dishes were wonderful, and don't miss the shrimp with mandarin oranges. Just wow on flavor. The food really reminded us of our trip to Barcelona.
Another great thing about this place are the flamenco performances. They move around the restaurant so everyone can get a good view of their fancy footwork and rhythm. It's a lot of fun. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a fun and delicious night out.

• Visited February 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“best tapas in the world.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Their special of unlimited taps for $20.00 was just what my friend and I were looking for. After setteling in with the menu and a couple of glasses of Sangriaq (excellent), we started with the Queso, croquetas and the Gambas were little explosion of flavor right in your mouth. We pressed on - mejillones were steamed perfectly, the Buet was tender and delicious, the Pollo was equally good. All were excellent and mouth watering. I'm here to tell ya - I am not a fan of Brussel Sprouts but we ordered the Coles de bruselas and I could not be happier put those tender, tasty buds in my mouth. Absolutely outstanding. A great meal with a great friend.

Visited January 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Excellent, but adds up quickly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've been to this La Tasca a couple times (& a few of the other locations). It's always excellent food. I've never had anything that I didn't like. Tapas can definitely add up quickly, so be prepared to spend at least $25 per person. I highly recommend checking out the sangria happy hour deals. They have so many delicious flavors. Most recently, we ate here during Alexandria restaurant week & were able to enjoy an all-you-can eat tapas lunch for $20/person. If you ever see that deal available, jump on it. It was the best lunch ever!

Visited January 2013