“Excellent tapas and paella”
Review of La Tasca

La Tasca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tasca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Transit: King Street Metro (Yellow & Blue Lines) Also, take advantage of the King Street Trolley, a free trolley from the King Street metro stop all the way to the harbor. We are located between Washington Street and St Asaph Street.
Description: La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain—warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality.With a combination of many tapas dishes, paellas, sangria blends and Spanish wines and beers, La Tasca has something for everyone.We strive to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in our restaurants
Reviewed January 16, 2013

A very popular spot that gets quite crowded and noisy, but the food is worth it. Service is friendly, and there is a very complete tapas menu. Paellas are excellent, and portions are abundant.

1  Thank cjsalexva

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The dishes are mostly tapas, with the exception of the paella for two. The paella is highly recommended although will cost you. It also provides more than enough food for 2, could easily be split by 4.
The tapas are fine. Some are greasy or oily, some were dry, some were delicious. You really have to choose wisely and with so many options, I can't begin to note which are which here. Generally they do the meat dishes decently but for some reason they feel the veggie ones needed extra butter and oil to taste good. The sangria however is great and if you get a pitcher during happy hour is even better. A better place for happy hour than dinner.

1  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I used to go to La Tasca in DC, and I loved it! And this time I was with my husband in Alexandria and we decided to try it for dinner. I have to say, despite the excellent service we received and the good tapas we had siting at the bar, we were upset because the hostess was very rude in telling us they didn't have more tables for all the night. If I don't know that La Tasca is a good restaurant, I would probably leave the place at that moment.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

There are many restaurants in Alexandria. Might want to drop $100 (for two) else where. May be that they had an off day, but for the price, every day should be a good day!

1  Thank MSCounselor
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We were in Alexandria to participate in the Scottish Christmas Walk for the 20th or so time and looking for a place to have lunch. All of the Celtic themed restaurants were PACKED. Our friends were there with their two little ones and an hour and a half wait was out of the question. They asked if we liked Tapas to which we replied sure. Two surprises awaited.
Surprise one, we could get a table right away (not always a good omen).
Surprise two, the food was excellent, the portions were on the large side for tapas, the selection and preparation were imaginative, and there was an excellent deal available. The salad, bacon wrapped dates, and asparagus were the "top of the heap" for me. My friends and I guessed the asparagus was steamed, buttered, touched with sea salt and something else - fantastic but simple. The sangria was good per my wife, I was very happy with the Estrella beer. Service was cheerful and informative.

1  Thank John M