“Excellent Greek Family Run Restaurant!”

Vaso's Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #14 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I have been loyal patrons of Vasos Kitchen for a very long time. So we heard they opened another location and wanted to try it out. I have to say that it was not what we had expected when we walked in. The decor is beautiful! Very different look from Vasos Kitchen but with the same warm greeting. They have a very different wine list and they offered us a complimentary wine tasting to familiarize us with their Greek wine selection. This was very unexpected and it set the tone for the rest of the night! The menu is a lot bigger and more diverse. I ordered the homemade pasta special Paglia E Fieno ( spinach and egg pasta with cream, ham and mushrooms) it was Superb! My wife order the Veal Terra Mara ( veal ham white cheese in wine sauce) and she loved it! Great experience and just like the original I will definitely be back and spread the word!

3  Thank Arcadian2910

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Dining out with friends is both a gastronomic and a conversational experience, both to be equally enjoyed. While the food is good at this restaurant, the conversation is nearly non-existent because of the noisy environment. The narrow, long room acts as an amplifier (think of a megaphone) multiplying the voices of others who, on noticing the existing din, tend to raise their voices to be heard. I would suggest some tapestries on the walls.

The four of us had different meals, with different degrees of acceptability. One of us had stuffed trout, well cooked and pleasantly displayed but, as in European restaurants (and high-brow American ones), still sporting its head. Not pleasant for us plebeians! The green beans were a bit too crisp for some of us. The other members of the group had enjoyable meals, but not necessarily outstanding. The staff, however, was very accommodating and the service was impeccable!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Food is consistently great and the location is perfect. The colors and decor gives this restaurant an upscale feel, good for a date night. The owner Johnny is very attentive and makes sure things run smooth. Great drink and wine menus

3  Thank Ryan1887
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I were spending a few days on both business and pleasure in the DC area. After reading reviews on Vaso's, we had dinner here on a Friday evening. What a brilliant move! We ordered off the list of specials. The meal in its entirety was perfectly prepared, nicely presented, and delicious. In addition, in spite of having a very young waitress (new restaurant on King Street and the staff is still being trained), she went above and beyond to understand and accommodate my husband's severe gluten allergy, including offering substitutions for some of the options.

The facility itself is small but well done. I would return here in a heartbeat!

Highly recommend.

1  Thank Diane B
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Dined for lunch during the weekday, busy restaurant but very noisy, couldn't hear the person next to me. The menu is wonderful and full of choices, our group had stuffed trout, gyro sandwich, cheese sandwich and salads. Everyone enjoyed their meals all good ingredients and plenty of food. Service was good as well.

Visited June 2014