“Wonderful Mediterranean Menu” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vaso's Mediterranean Bistro

Vaso's Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #10 of 748 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful Mediterranean Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

The new addition to compliment Vaso's Kitchen in N. Olde Towne is without a doubt a new jewel on the King Street restaurant strip. The intimate yet lively street level dining area sparkles with really attractive lighting. (have not been upstairs yet) the menu is truly reflective of diverse Mediterranean fare. Excellent wine list.The chicken soup Avgolemonod is to die for. I've tried a seafood pasta, veal, chicken cacciatore, all were scruptious. The very attentive non hovering service, made for a fabulous meal.

• Visited April 2014

• Greek first
Beaverton, Oregon
“Sophisticated decor -- great moussaka”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I loved this place. Food quality is at a high level, friendly and patient server (I can be indecisive), and restaurant décor is chic. On the downside, a little pricey, but worth it if you don't mind paying more.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank DrOski
Chicago
“Nice Surprise!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

My son and I went walking on Friday night down King Street to find a nice place to eat dinner. Since we are from Chicago, we are picky in the fact we stay away from chains and franchises while we travel. We also come from a great city with fantastic restaurants. While walking, we passed by several different types of restaurants and yelped them while we passed them. Most got good yelps but we still wanted something a little different than Italian, bar and grill food or mexican. We have tons back home. While we were reviewing the menu outside on Vaso's, a couple walked out and said to us, "The food is really delicious, you will not go wrong here." We yelped it and it had good reviews like the others but the food was different and that peaked our interest. We entered and went upstairs to get seated and Johnny, co owner greeted us at the bar. He was most pleasant and courteous. He asked us if we had reservations. We did not. He said to sit at the bar and he will check downstairs but he was certain he can seat us. He came back up in a minute or two and said we would have to wait 15 minutes. We stayed and had a drink at the bar. Johnny was our bartender.

Since the wine list was all Greek to me, lol, Johnny took the time to explain the different types of Greek wines that interested me. He let me taste a couple of them before I made my choice. I enjoyed my wine. My son had a beer. He has a good selection of beer as well.

We were seated downstairs within 15 minutes. Service was prompt and never intrusive. Charlie, co owner, came over to greet us after Johnny had seated us. Charlie welcomed us to his restaurant as well. He was just as friendly as his cousin, co owner, Johnny. He also explained all our food questions on the menu. Thus, we made our choices. My son had the special of the night, it was a breaded and fried veal dish that was out of this world! It is a recipe from his Mom and a homemade specialty we have never had at any Greek restaurant back home. I had the chicken kabobs and that was very delicious.

We also had the pleasure of meeting Charlie's wife who works there too. It is a family affair over there. We felt welcomed right away and the food was outstanding. Service was great too. We are back home now and still talking about this restaurant. My son said he was going to yelp it too. Thank you Johnny and Charlie for welcoming us in your restaurant and accommodating us last minute. We will be back!!!!!!

Now, we are just like the couple that walked out and said to us the same thing we will say to you, "The food is really delicious, you will not go wrong here".

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank ChicagoDublin
Bismarck, North Dakota
“I Like the Other Location Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I really wanted to like the newly opened restaurant on King St. having had an awesome dinner at the other location on Powhatan St. (and posting a great review), but unfortunately, I can't say I did. The decor of the new restaurant was certainly nice but we were seated upstairs and the music was way too loud - it was difficult to make any conversation; not exactly the Family friendly environment we experienced at the other restaurant. The food was just ok and the menu was more expensive than what I remember at the other restaurant. One big plus - the service was impeccable. I will definitely go back to Vaso's on Powhatan St. but not Vaso's on King St.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Springfield, United States
“Delightfully unexpected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I stopped in to Vaso's in Alexandria Virginia on Valentines day. We did not have reservations and had stopped next door to a well know local restaurant and even though it was empty at 4:35pm, we were told that without reservations, we could not eat there. So Vaso's was the next door to walk into,and I am glad we did. The 5 course meal was exquisitely prepared. I had the veal dish and my wife had the steak. The second course pasta dish made me want to lick the plate clean (now that says a lot). I now have a place that can rival Landini's Brothers down the street. I shall come back again and again.

• Visited February 2014