“Superb wave pool .. A small park with soenthing for everyone”

Cameron Run Regional Park
Ranked #29 of 92 things to do in Alexandria
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Went to the great waves park yesterday and had a great time with friends and family. We were earlier contemplating on going to the water mine in Reston but this was a better value for money...the wave pool was superb and we spent most of the time between 6 to 8 ft which is never crowded...Pla refrain from that if u don't know how to swim..a couple of guys nearly drowned and my wife too had a scare as she was dragged to the deeper end...an advice on how to use the tube in water.. Do not try to hold the tube from the side ... It will topple but come from under the inner ring and pull ur self up.. Or u can just push the tube from one side and the other side will pop around ur neck and then u can just pull ur self up

3  Thank Jeet_Aadya

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We purchased a LivingSocial deal for the whole family and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on our summer vacation. We avoided the crowds by going on a weekday. My kids are 6,7, and 14 and I told them I used to come here as a child and it was called "Cameron Run Park" back then and it only had the wave pool and the waterslides, now there's many water activities including miniature golf and a batting cage. There are beach lounge chairs and some under big umbrellas to combat the shade. There are lockers in the bathroom facilities and concessions that can be purchased if you get hungry. There are attentive lifeguards at all of the water activity stations and I observed that they are switched out timely to ensure the safety of all guests. There are tubes in the wave pool so you may float and bob during the waves, there is an interim period where the waves subsideand then start up again for more fun.

2  Thank HerJourneys
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I thought this place was a little pricey for the lack of activities. The wave pool was small, and there were only a few other water slides and attractions.

2  Thank Caitrin R
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Well, this is a difficult view to write, as I remember Cameron Run in its heyday. I used to go here often as a kid and I loved the wave pool and the slides!

The park consists of a mini-golf course, that you can pay separately to use, a wave pool, a kiddie pool, and several very long water slides. The water slides are great fun though!

Now a days, it is still great fun for kids, but it is run down. It needs a renovation badly. The wave pool is very fun and the slides have been upgraded recently. That being said, it is not very expensive so it is a good place to take kids. Just be aware that it is not as well-taken care of as most amusement parks and don't expect it to be.

1  Thank Emily V
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I am afifty +BAseball wannabe the fastball batting cages are well kept sometimes the Pitching machine sticks but the the staff is young and quick and will get the pitching machine up to speed.