“Great!”
Review of Savio's

Savio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Savio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #417 of 769 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Landmarks / Van Dorn
Reviewed September 2, 2014

My husband and I have been dining here for almost three years now, we even had our wedding reception here. We know most of the wait staff and the owner. We know the food is fresh and that a lot of times the owner cooks, which is even better. Don't let the outside fool you, this place is very unique and romantic inside. My husband and I love having our date nights here. We have never had an issue and the food is always delicious.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

The restaurant appeared clean and had a decent Italian esque atmosphere. That's where the good things stop. The servers argued in a foreign language about seating us, the waitress was rude, it took 15 minutes to even get our drink orders & another half an hour or more to get our food.I ordered Fettuccine Alfredo it reminded me of something I would get out of jar at a discount grocery store. The worst of it was the treatment my wife received. After the fourth rude comment from the waitress, my wife asked for a box and our bill so we could just leave. The waitress became belligerent and demanded to know what her problem was. My wife explained the rude behavior made us feel very unwelcome and she just wanted to leave. The waitress' s respomse was that she was very busy and did not have time to keep coming to the table. At this point,my wife stood and began walking out of the restaurant. The waitress proceeded to run after her asking what the problem was and even grabbed the back of her shirt! My wife told the waitress not to touch her. The waitress continued to follow her outside and woukd not leave her alone until she walked into another store. I immediately spoke to the manager about the ridiculous behavior and his solution was , "just dont tip her." This was by far the worst experience I have ever had!

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time here but we will definitely be back. This is a truly authentic Italian venue with amazingly fresh ingredients in everything. Service was unquestionable. Pricing is great.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We have been going to Savio's for 3-4 years already. I should have written this review before, but now is the best time. I have savored their crunchy fresh-from-the-oven bread; their great old fashioned Minestrone; their well cooked pastas; their veal (in several dishes) just outstanding; and the lovely desserts. Decorated as a cute Italian Trattoria this place is a well hidden secret. Well, not quite hidden from the steady customers! The owner is always attentive to the good service and in the winter, it is so cozy to sit by the fireplace... Go, but do not tell your friends... keep it secret for you and us.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is in a strip mall, but don't let appearances fool you. They have excellent food here. I think of pasta or pizza when I think Italian. That doesn't get me excited. But Savios goes beyond pasta.
I had the sea bass and it was excellent. My husband got the lasagna and it was a bit burned. My granddaughters and son all enjoyed their food. (Can't remember what they got.)
We took home tiramisu and chocolate cake. Delicious. Service was excellent. We were never kept waiting for anything.