“Great Pizza but, very inconsistent delivery service”
Review of Quattro Formaggi

Quattro Formaggi
Ranked #142 of 835 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 11, 2017

We have ordered from Quattro Formaggi a number of times and the quality of the pizza is very high but, the delivery service is inconsistent and more often than not, the pizza(s) we receive need to be reheated before eating.

Quattro Formaggi really likes to receive cash. They will take credit cards but, they have a bit of an attitude regarding credit cards. One of the delivery guys I seem to get with some frequency is verbal about trying to get his tip bumped up and yet, he really isn't doing anything special - like keeping my pizza hot.

Quattro could invest in some better pizza bags to keep the pizza hotter.

Recently, I ordered pizza at about 5:30 pm. I did not ask for a delivery time but, was told that the delivery would be within 30 minutes. They set the parameters and yet at the 55 minute mark with the luke warm pizzas arrived, there was an apology but, that was it. When I ordered I did not ask for any special service and they set the time yet on being late from their stated time with cold pizza, they didn't even offer to knock $1 or $2 off of the $39 pizza tab. Poor service. They leave me no choice but, to start to explore restaurants with better delivery and customer care. I think I'll be checking out Lena's since they have delivery via external services.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

I've eaten here a couple of times now. The personal pizza is a great value. The ingredients are fresh and top notch. This is a casual place that you can just walk into and they also do carry out.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

My family and I had just arrived from a long road trip from NYC, and we were super tired. Quattro Formaggi was the gem we had been looking for! The owner and staff were so nice, and we were so happy with the great service. The food was delicious and tasted fresh and the portions were generous. Overall, great place to eat with friendly staff!

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Good location in Alexandria off Duke St. The staff were friendly and the food was served quickly. The pizza was tasty but had a bit too much grease.

The restaurant has ample seating but the decor is old and the restaurant, while not dirty, could use a good scrubbing.

That said, I liked the pizza enough to return.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

I was so hungry that I devoured half my entrée before I remembered to snap a photo. I think my pasta is called a Mediterranean Pasta & it is delicious with just the right amount of sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, etc. The side salad really is large enough to have for lunch & the pasta can easily serve 2 people.

The service is fast and the woman behind the counter is precious.

Like others have said, it is convenient to the Embassy Suites so I took my dinner to my room where I have total control of the remotes. Perfect evening!