Tripadvisor
Alexandria

“Food was good, but kind of dirty inside”
Review of Mai Thai

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Compared to other places i cannot give this 4 stars. The food was good, but we were given a seat downstairs, and everyone that came in went upstairs, now we know why. We had the steamed dumplings, calamari, and Pad Thai, all of which were very good and freshly made. Great location, but the inside needs to be renovated to live up to the quality of the food!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (324)

Reviewed January 21, 2020

We ate here twice and the food was very good. The service was also just great the first time around and hence why we went again. Sadly the service was well short of acceptable on our second (and consequently last) visit. So bad we TWICE had to get up from our table and go and seek somebody. 15 minutes without being asked what we would like to drink - we should have left at this point. Management oversight is badly required.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed January 14, 2020

Had a wonderful meal here. The restaurant itself and atmosphere were just a tad lacking in this neighborhood, but the view and the food were both well worth it. Our server, Jill, took very good care of us, making excellent recommendations and following up often. All the dishes were superb.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

Friends, if you are traveling anywhere East of the Mississippi, make a detour and get yourself some cashew chicken from Mai Thai in Old Town Alexandria. It’s incredible. It’s delicious. Although I do admit the sheer mouth watering cashew chicken has caused some awkwardness in my marriage. More than once has my wife come home to flip on the lights only to find me in the corner, caught red handed gorging on amazing cashew chicken from Mai Thai yet again.
“When will you stop this irresponsible behavior!” she screams for the fourth time this week.

“When Mai Thai stops serving the most incredible cashew chicken I’ve ever had in my entire life!!” I proudly proclaim.

Everything else on the menu is fine.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 2, 2019

The food was tasty and the service quick and attentive. We sat at a window table upstairs with a view of the harbor, I had the Shrimp Pad Thai which was good except the shrimp was overcooked and dry, The sauce was better than average. My wife had the Green Curry Vegetarian entree which she really enjoyed. Would recommend to anyone who loves Thai food.

Date of visit: November 2019