“Great Thai dinner tonight”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mai Thai

Mai Thai
Ranked #88 of 752 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Old Town
“Great Thai dinner tonight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal. Nice atmosphere. Great location. Try #22 on the menu...yummy! Appetizers were delicious. Really liked the menu selections. Seems to be a local favorite.

• Visited December 2013

Chicago, IL
“Great location in Old Town Alexandria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were delighted to be able to get an outside table. Atmosphere was very nice. The food was good Thai fare, but nothing special. I had the fried rice which had whole shrimp and large pieces of meat, which was a nice surprise. My daughter's vegetarian dish was too spicy for her to enjoy. The third member of our party ordered her usual-the clay pot.

• Visited October 2013
Ocala, Florida
“Middle of the Thai Road”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Not great but serviceable. Good for a quick bite when one is in the mood for Thai but not fancy.

Food was slightly above average. Service bordered on indifferent. Nothing special, but sometimes that's what one is seeking.

• Visited September 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“"MEH" Thai”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hadn't eaten here for awhile but we decided to try it again.
Spring rolls were cold. Soup was lukewarm.
Shrimp in the Shrimp Clay Pot reeked of iodine.

I think this restaurant on lower King Street attracts tourists, but the locals know better.
Nice service and friendly staff, but the food is just meh.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank GeorgiaPear16
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Wish the experience matched the first impression...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Took my girlfriend there because it was one of her favorites when she lived here a few years ago. When we arrived, I could see why. Walk in the door and it was a very nice atmosphere. Couldn't get enough of the smell...SOOO good. Service was very attentive, friendly and helpful in making suggestions for me: the newbie to this establishment.

When we got our food, it was not what I expected. I love Thai food and so does she, but both dishes were lacking. She had the grilled duck curry and it still had several small, but unappetizing feather roots in it. I had the Bangkok Noodle special and something in it just didn't sit right with me. Sorry I can't be more descriptive, but I did not feel well half way through the meal and didn't finish it. We had a grilled chicken skewer appetizer and THAT was amazing. Unfortunately, I don't think it's enough to bring me back. A smidge pricy too, but what ISN'T in Old Town?

• Visited August 2013