“Perfectly Cooked and Served, Nice Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Warehouse

The Warehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Warehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 752 Restaurants in Alexandria
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: So. Fairfax
Transit: Free Old Town Trolley - From King St Metro to Lee Street. Metro bus and Dash Bus stops along King Street
Description: Located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, the Warehouse is one of the area's most popular restaurants specializing in prime aged steaks and fresh seafood. The superb food is served in a casual but elegant atmosphere that features caricatures of the local gentry on the walls of the historic building. Enjoy their Steak "Pontchartrain" or their famous all-lump crab cakes. Don't miss their very popular Sunday brunch. Enjoy a drink at their antique mahogany bar.
Atlanta
“Perfectly Cooked and Served, Nice Location”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I took my parents to the Warehouse Bar and Grill when we visited the DC area. The service was excellent for our late lunch. Our server took our drink orders and when he delivered them, immediately took our lunch order. My mom said it was the best hamburger she's ever had in a restaurant. (She and my dad normally eat corn-fed beef grown on their Iowa farm.) The burgers were cooked as my parents requested. I had the tuna sandwich which was seared and served hot from the kitchen. The price for the burgers was about $10 and my tuna sandwich was slightly more than that. The coleslaw had minced radish and a savory dressing. I had the rice as a side and it had a light spice added to it. Very good.
Our server and other members of the serving staff checked on us several times, refilling our water and retrieving any items we needed.
The restaurant has a nice bar area, an eating area at the back of the first floor, an eating area that looks out on the street, and a nice area one the second floor accessed by a graceful winding staircase.
I would definitely return here on my next trip to Alexandria.

1 Thank TennisFan8

Alexandria, Virginia
“Always consistently good!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The Warehouse Bar and Grill is one of the few places in Old Town that I feel is consistently good.

The seating inside is inviting and comfortable, white linen table cloths and excellent service. Outside the have a few bistro-style tables that are not as comfortable but if you like people watching, it is terrific. People will pass up and down the rocky cobbled-stone path right by your table and there is always an eclectic mix of folks, especially during the tourist season.

They have very friendly and helpful servers and many of them have been at the location for years. There is a bar inside that for some reason we have overlooked in the past that was on the small size but quiet good and comfortable.

The food is always terrific. Our favorite ‘go-to’ is the Cajun Veal Oscar. Tender piece of veal, sautéed and covered in a béarnaise sauce with lump crab and asparagus. Don’t allow the Cajun title to fool you, although very nicely seasoned and flavorful, it is not at all spicy. It is served with roasted potatoes with a crispy exterior and fluffy potato goodness in the middle. We also enjoy the appetizer of shrimp with a spicy sauce and the crab soup is some of the very best I have ever tried. They usually have a number of specials and I have tried the Salmon and the fish with macadamia nuts and both were very good. Right now soft shelled crabs are in season and they are on special too, delicious. I have gotten the crab cake and although it is good, there are much better choices on the menu. Full of lump crab but did not have the depth of seasoning I would have liked. The deserts are southern in nature with pecan pie tasting very homemade and rich.

I would never hesitate in selecting this restaurant because I have never had a bad meal here and the service is so good. On the weekends I recommend getting a reservation because it can get busy and if you are light eaters I suggest ordering an appetizer and entrée to share. Also, when going to the rest room, they are at the top of a steep staircase so walk carefully.

Enjoy!

1 Thank Margaret H
“An Old Favorite!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have been visiting the Warehouse for many years. It was and remind to be my favorite place for crab cakes. They put the lump in lump crab cakes. Service is always good and I particularly like to site by the windows with a view of King Street. As I said, this is a must visit. Be sure to check it out!

• Visited August 2014
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I had dinner here and we both enjoyed it immensely. I had the salmon special, it was excellent. My friend had the catfish and ejoyed it as well. Service was prompt, friendly and courteous. We were walk ins and were seated immediately. The restaurant, while about 75% full was still quiet enough for us to talk. Was slightly underwhelmed by the decor and could have used a more comprehensive beer list but other than that perfect. All in all, the perfect place for a get together or family dinner. A good seafood choice in Old Town Alexandria.

Visited August 2014
boston
“Would not recommend.....”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our party of five arrived for a late dinner around 9:00 P.M. on a Friday night. Two members of the party had ordered chicken caesar salads and were given salads with chicken but they were not caesar salads. We also ordered a scallop appetizer and the scallops were hard as rocks as they had been cooked too long. Once we were served our dinner, no one ever came back to check on us. A check was dropped off to our table without asking if we wanted anything else. I understand it was later in the evening and they were trying to hurry us out of the restaurant but I feel that this is bad business. If you want to close early then don't accept any additional patrons after 9:00 P.M.

Visited August 2014