“Excellent Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Warehouse

The Warehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Warehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 752 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: So. Fairfax
Transit: Free Old Town Trolley - From King St Metro to Lee Street. Metro bus and Dash Bus stops along King Street
Description: Located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, the Warehouse is one of the area's most popular restaurants specializing in prime aged steaks and fresh seafood. The superb food is served in a casual but elegant atmosphere that features caricatures of the local gentry on the walls of the historic building. Enjoy their Steak "Pontchartrain" or their famous all-lump crab cakes. Don't miss their very popular Sunday brunch. Enjoy a drink at their antique mahogany bar.
“Excellent Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I had dinner here and we both enjoyed it immensely. I had the salmon special, it was excellent. My friend had the catfish and ejoyed it as well. Service was prompt, friendly and courteous. We were walk ins and were seated immediately. The restaurant, while about 75% full was still quiet enough for us to talk. Was slightly underwhelmed by the decor and could have used a more comprehensive beer list but other than that perfect. All in all, the perfect place for a get together or family dinner. A good seafood choice in Old Town Alexandria.

Visited August 2014

boston
“Would not recommend.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our party of five arrived for a late dinner around 9:00 P.M. on a Friday night. Two members of the party had ordered chicken caesar salads and were given salads with chicken but they were not caesar salads. We also ordered a scallop appetizer and the scallops were hard as rocks as they had been cooked too long. Once we were served our dinner, no one ever came back to check on us. A check was dropped off to our table without asking if we wanted anything else. I understand it was later in the evening and they were trying to hurry us out of the restaurant but I feel that this is bad business. If you want to close early then don't accept any additional patrons after 9:00 P.M.

Visited August 2014
Indiana
“Great food. Very accommodating!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our family of four dropped in on this restaurant ten minutes before closing time. We didn't realize this until I asked what time they closed. The staff was very welcoming and showed us to a table right away. The food and service was excellent. Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Another Good Choice in Alexandria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Having dined here a number of times, I have been able to judge this popular restaurant's consistency and various items on the menu. So far, there has never been any issue with either being seated promptly, although Saturday night without reservations would unfairly tax any restaurant, and prompt, polite service. This was the case during my most recent visit. They offer a varied menu , so it is never difficult to find something, whether fish, steak, chicken etc that will please most anyone. On more than one occasion the crab cakes have been excellent as well as the fish. This latest visit had almond crusted Mahi Mahi as the special and it was excellent. The only shortfall was the side of asparagus with hollandaise sauce which was over-cooked & therefore limp rather than crisp. Lastly, be prepared for tight seating with your fellow diners immediately adjacent to your table as it is in some cases in Europe.

• Visited July 2014
New York
“Good Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was walking around Alexandria with my mom and friend and we were starving. We saw this place and figured it looked good, especially since they were still serving brunch. The service was nice and we were seated right away. I had the crab cake eggs benedict, my friend had an egg platter and my mom had the pulled prok sandwich. We all loved the food and were stuffed when we finished. I would go back again next time I'm down that way.

• Visited June 2014