“Not one of the best Grills”
Review of Austin Grill - CLOSED

Austin Grill
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Not as good as it used to be. Service and food are only average, I was pretty disappointed. For just under 20 dollars, i felt the fajitas were mediocre and bland. The server was not especially friendly, and the whole experience left me feeling like not hurrying back any time soon.

It's in a great location in Alexandria, certainly a nice area to spend some time strolling around.

There are newer reviews for Austin Grill

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We ate here last summer and enjoyed it enough to try it again a year later. Happy to report that it was as good the second time round as the first. We sat downstairs near the bar and were quickly served chips and salsa along with very welcome cold beers ! Food is standard tex-mex and tasted good ! Portions were just about right size and everything was fresh and hot. Really good casual dining on Kings Street definitely worth a visit !

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I came here on a Friday night, we didn't have to wait before being escorted upstairs to a booth. After ordering our drinks we were given free chips and salsa, and our food was delivered in about 12 minutes. My husband had a burrito, which was huge, and I had the healthy salmon with black beans and vegetables. I was really pleased with the large portion size, for under 650 calories.
I ordered the skinny margarita, but note this tasted TOO SWEET, as if it were made with aspartame, it was not the "skinny-girl" margarita, so I had a glass of house wine instead which was fine.
About $50 for both entrees and 2 drinks. I would go back, simply for the healthy option and portion size, but I'd get there before 7, that's when happy hour ends.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Used to enjoy this place but went for lunch today and will never return. Shrimp tacos came out cold and tasteless. But the worst part was the annoying fruit flies which seemed to divebomb around our heads.
Cannot believe the place was even open!
You could see them everywhere in the air, on tables, etc.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Large portions, very good food. I would give it 5 starts, except the service was not that great. Waiter kept forgetting to bring things. We didn't get our glasses of water that we asked for a couple times until we were completely finished with our meal. We have a 9 year old son. He liked the food as well.