“Not Happy With Service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
washington dc
“Not Happy With Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was my first time at a Korean restaurant. I was in attendance for a birthday party on Saturday, October 13th. Observations, we arrived upon opening, therefore, the buffet was full of food as well as the the Sushi bar and everything seemed to be very clean. The buffet food for my taste was pretty good, some people in the party complained that their dishes were cold and they were not use to the different varieties of food, but this is not the restaurants fault. I think that I am only giving 3 stars is because the waitress for our party was bascially, very inattentive. We had to keep summoning her to prepare our food, bring drinks, and clear the tables. With that being said, several of the meat and shrimp dishes were over cooked, especially the shrimp, which was hard and rubbery. Maybe with a smaller group, I would have been able to enjoy the cooked food better. I don't know if I will revist this location but I am willing to try another Korean establishment

• Visited October 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Korean Buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Been coming here quite often but th last two visits wasn't that enticing anymore sushi bar and fruit bar has become average. Need to add more pastries or dessert selection. But will still comeback for the bul go gi on special occasions! And FYI they close the buffet between 2:30 until 5:00. Sucks for people who drives quite a distance.

• Visited September 2012
“Service was terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Birthday party for my daughter. The waitres wasn't helping except when we are Finished. And they were asking 20% tip automatically on my bill. The food wasn't good also for that price. Not recommended for party at all

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Too nuch great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

The lunch buffet prices are a great bargain. The evening prices are higher but considering the variety and quality, still a good value. Check their website for detail on current prices.

Yes it's a lot more expensive than the Win Buffet (Chinese) across the street but the quality and the healthfulness of the food is so much better. I don't know about the other Korean buffets. Well, maybe the pork belly isn't so healthful but that was the only thing I thought wasn't so great. My preference was to have it much more well done like bacon but I don't think that is the Korean way and my waitress rather insisted that it be less well done. That was my only complaint and really insignificant. The other meat was great.

I did feel as though I got super saturated with sodium but I normally have a diet that is much lower in sodium than the average person. However, I have noticed that hot spices seem to amplify the perceived amount of salt so that may be a big part of it. At home I often sprinkle Cajun seasoning rather than salt since it is only about one third salt but has about the same favor enhancement.

We went on a Sunday soon after their noon opening and when we left at about 1:15 I think it was only then about half full so the service was very attentive. I recommend going soon after they open for the best experience. The plastic wrap had just been taken of the sushi and it looked fresh, maybe not so good several hours later. They had a large variety but I didn't sample any.

This is a great place to try a big variety of different, tasty Asian food. You need to carefully choose what you want with so many choices or you will be full and still wanting to sample other offerings. They will charge you for food you don't eat so be careful. No need to load up your plate -- just make multiple trips. I give it 4.5 stars as a restaurant and 5+ as a buffet.

• Visited May 2012
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Service is Bad, Food So So...Not Spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Last Saturday, I took my sister-in-law to Hee Been for her birthday because she loves buffet. We came at almost 1 pm and we took the last table available. We went for the meat barbecue since that is what Korean restaurants are famous for and the side dishes. I got some sushi and asked one of the chefs who was bringing out some more sushi what that sushi was and he seemed irritated and rudely said it was and pointed to the name of the sushi displayed in front. However, I was on the side because I was trying to get something at the back and couldn't reach it. I thought that was "uncalled" for. It sort of takes out your appetite when someone treats you this way. Like "can't you at least be friendly since I'm a paying client?" When we got to our table, we asked for tea. There were two of us and the server only brought one. Then we had to remind her about the other tea. Then we had to ask for one straw because only one tea had a straw. When we asked a question in English, the server said she couldn't speak English and didn't understand us. Then she said that the meat is cooked. We were so hungry by this time but when we took our first bite, it was TOUGH! It was also BURNED. Now we expected to finish the meat we took but I am very picky with burned food. I'm told it can cause cancer. My sister-in-law didn't want to eat it either. So we told the server that it was burned and she took it away. We didn't get anymore since we decided to just eat sushi and some soup. Since we didn't have the meat, we didn't eat the side dishes either ( awaste) but by this time it just ruined our appetite. And we left. The people in the other table said the same thing happened to them but they ate the meat anyway. We came all the way from Maryland to eat lousy food and I don't think we'd fondly think of Hee Been in a good way. Maybe it's just not our day. I think the manager should strengthen in the minds of their employees how important service is and repeat it before the restaurant opens. I don't expect perfect service. We're all humans that can make mistakes. But when the overall service sucks...that's another matter.

• Visited April 2012