“GREAT SERVICE, PRETTY ACCEPTABLE FOOD”
Review of Thai Peppers

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Peppers
Ranked #211 of 822 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This is a place with good decent service and edible if not elegant food. The ambience is not memorable but we enjoyed visiting here upstairs where few of the tables were taken so it was nice and quiet.

The food is rated for spicyness levels so you are warned to choose carefully. The panang taste was authentic.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We've been eating at Thai Peppers for years, back to an era when there wasn't a Thai restaurant on every other block. This restaurant is consistently decent quality, especially for the price. My husband likes the curries. I like their very spicy green papaya salad. Avoid anything fried, which (duh) doesn't exist in Thailand anyway.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I were walking down the main drag in the Del Ray neighborhood and this restaurant caught our eye. It's quite small -- perhaps 6 or 7 tables total. I was somewhat skeptical at first because of the laminated menu with lot's of different selections, and accompanying pictures. Our food however was very good. Tom Yum soup was very spicy. My wife had the green curry chicken; I had the red curry chicken. Both very good as well, although we both thought the dishes could be spicier (hotter). Service is excellent. We will be returning.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

popular with the locals quick service and reasonable lunches. not great but fresh food and friendly servers

Reviewed October 20, 2013

While the meal was fairly tasty and the service pleasant, this is not the edgy spicy thai food we've come to expect and find in the city. However, there's easy no-fee parking in Del Ray where this restaurant is and there's some interesting Thai nik nax to look at, so it's not a bad experience, just not very interesting. Steep stairs to go up to get to the toilets upstairs!