“Great tasting food, reasonable prices, menu variety”
Review of Hops

Hops
Ranked #170 of 757 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Arlington, Virginia, USA
“Great tasting food, reasonable prices, menu variety”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We usually sit at the bar. The food and drinks are always excellent and very reasonably priced. $15 will get you a 9oz. steak, salad, sides, and their amazing honey butter croissants. Sometimes I think I go there just for the croissants. The bar service is sometimes slow but only because the bartender is sometimes overwhelmed with serving 10+ customers. Most of the time it is good. Great place overall.

Visited November 2013

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Good beer, decent food”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This place was just what the doctor ordered before and after shopping at Potomac Yard. Even if you're only having drinks (pre-shopping) they bring the honey glazed, sinfully good, croissant thingies. The food was good (post-shopping) but our service was a bit slow and forgetful. Beer was good - pretty much what you'd expect at a Hops'.
Everyone except the waiter for our meal was Excellent (including the service when we just dropped in for drinks) so I'll rate the service as "very good" despite my comments.
They were very helpful with our group, stored our luggage (full of shopping) and called us a cab after the meal.

• Visited October 2013
“Great brews”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Good food, great service and some special craft beers made by their brewmaster in the middle of the restaurant. Take a growler filled with their freshly brewed beer! Cheers from Brazil!!

Visited October 2013
“Great fun Place!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Croissants were awesome. Food was pretty Damn good. It kinda reminded me of the old Bennigans restaurant. The cool thing about this place is there beer that they brew on premises. You can get a 5 beer sampler for a decent price.

Definitely would come back.

• Visited September 2013
Centreville, Virginia
“Above average bar food”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Let me start by saying the service here is always good! I've sat in the dining room, also at the tables around the bar and obviously at the bar itself. I have never had poor service. Now to the food...anyone can make bar food, I understand that. The menu here is better than average and some menu items are better than others. Chicken tenders are amazing! The wood-fire shrimp is yummy and all of the soups including the chili are delicious! I love the French onion its so addictive! As for burgers and steaks, they are usually above average and the prices across the menu are fair. I will be returning.

• Visited July 2013