“Satisfying pan-asian classics”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Delicious and nicely presented food at very reasonable prices. Variety of cuisines to satisfy a variety of Asian cravings. We enjoyed sushi and sashimi, tom yum noodles, vegetable lo mein, and hot and spicy pork pad phed that was actually hot and spicy. Service was polite and efficient if not especially friendly.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

At the time of my visit, the restaurant was extremely crowded, so much so, that I had difficulty getting into my chair. The tables were tightly packed. The sushi was good; however, the food was nothing to write home about.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

A great variety of choices. We ordered four different meals and were each impressed with the food. Prices were quite reasonable especially for Alexandria.We would love to have a restaurant of this quality where we live. Will certainly eat there again when in the DC area.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The owner Nun is so accommodating for those needing GF food. Order through him. Pad Thai is GF as is red curry chicken. Other options and Nun has GF soy sauce in stock for stir fries and sushi.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Old Towne Alexandria is crammed with restaurants, but some are just too specialized for lunch or are closed. Had a late lunch at Asian Bistro and were very pleasantly surprised. Was not familiar with some of the white wines and asked for tastes and they came quickly and more than we asked for. Chose a very crisp Gewurztraminer (Roberts from South Africa) that was very reasonably priced ($21/bottle) and paired very well with the spicy items we ordered. I had the appetizer sampler because I love small bites and it had some vegetarian options as my son's fiancee is a pescatarian. It was huge: vegetable spring rolls (crisp, not oily, full of crisp veggies); Vietnamese summer rolls with luscious plum sauce, chicken satays, spicy, tender, cooked just right with another great sauce and vegetable gyoza. I'm glad that I had someone to share it with me. My son's fiancee had tuna jalapeno roll - spicy but not searingly hot, a heat that creeps up on you, very fresh and spicy lobster roll, which was spicy but not too much to overpower the delicate taste of the lobster. This restaurant has items from each major Asian cuisine. The wait staff are friendly and informative but leave you alone when you're eating (which I appreciate). A very good deal, a very pleasant experience and looking forward to dinner there.