“All-day breakfast”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The sausage, egg on croissant sandwich is buttery and flavorful. Yukon gold potatoes are on the side and they bring you a basket of baked bread while you're waiting. Lots of sandwiches to choose from such as captures , cordon bleu, southwestern and more. Two French linen covered bistro tables out front and in the midst of shops. I'll be back.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I stopped at "Bread & Chocolate" to have a quick breakfast on a rainy day. Service seemed very friendly and prices reasonable. I ordered eggs Benedict. I got them overcooked and in a mysteriously watery dish...quite disappointing!!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Found this place while staying down the street at the Kimpton. We had breakfast there twice during our stay and everything we had was very good. The portions were very nice (a little much for my 92 year old grandmother) and the prices were good. One visit there was almost no one in the restaurant, the next time it was very busy. Both time we had wonderful service. The servers were attentive and went out of their way to make our 2 year old happy.

Also ended up getting some items to go from the pastry case that were delicious as well. Definitely a great spot to grab a bite for breakfast or brunch. Perfect for those staying nearby at the Kimpton, and just far enough from the water and Torpedo factory that if you walk down there afterwards it's a great little walk to walk off some of the generous portions you get here.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was with friends and family and decided to stop here because of the name of the place. Service was very good, they were very attentive. I ordered a cappuccino and my partner a double expresso. Coffees were good and strong. I ordered Hummus Tartine that came with a salad. The hummus was very balanced and so was the dressing for the salad. They brought a basket with different breads and they were delicious and fresh. Everybody at the table were very pleased with their meals. However, what made it for me was the chocolate cake I took home. It was delightful!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our table had the Shakshuka (fantastic!) and the Turkey Hash (with beets! Also fantastic). These folks go well beyond their name in terms of their selection. Coffee was outstanding and piping hot. Friendly, engaging service; just the right amount of checking and refilling.

We've enjoyed Sunday brunch at a number of Old Town Alexandria locations, but this is our new favorite. Looking forward to going back for the pfannkuchen.