“We went here for Valentine's Day. It was a beautiful set menu featuring lobster in each course. We were definitely the...”
Review of The Grille at Morrison House - CLOSED

Cross street: King Street
Transit: King Street Metro
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 20, 2008

We were definitely the youngest couple there at the time, by at least 10-15 years; however, the other customers were incredibly friendly and jovial. A piano bar kicked in at 10:30 PM, and we were quite entertained by the not-so-amateur singing of the "regulars".
I would definitely recommend this for a special occasion such as Valentine's or an anniversary.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Washington D.C.
“Excellent Seasonal Meal”
Reviewed February 7, 2008

While there is indeed construction (Kimpton is renovating to bring it up to their standards) it is nearly complete and the new decor looks beautiful. The rooms are well appointed and contain all of the amenities one has come to expect from a fine boutique hotel.

Even better was the wonderful meal from The Grille restaurant. Chef Dennis Marron has cast an ensemble worthy of the best Chefs that the area has to offer in a setting as formal or as cozy as one would prefer due to their separate dining areas. Warm up by the fire or have an elegant dinner party, it is all available to the local resident, or weary traveler.

My wife and I started our evening with the endive salad and crab appetizer. The Salad was a delicious preparation with a Port Wine poached pear and the Virginia Crab cake on toasted Brioche glowed like a summer day on the Chesapeake. A wonderful way to begin the evening. The Chef's Braised Berkshire Pork Cheeks and House Cured Brown Sugar Bacon were spectacular to this pork lovers pallet.

I then moved on to grilled Rock Fish, a local favorite of mine this time of year and the Chef certainly did not let me down. My wife enjoyed the Chef's exquisitely prepared Tasting of Squash. While I am fond of the gourd I have never seen it prepared in such a range of style and taste. Carmelized Butternut with brulée Goat Cheese!, Chayote Squash Salad with Pumpkin seed vinaigrette!, Spaghetti Squash steamed in Chimay and the Pièce de résistance, Kabocha Squash and Truffle Cappuccino were remarkable both in the complexity of flavors and the overall feeling of satisfaction after the meal. It was a four course meal on a plate.

For dessert we shared a maple chestnut flan that was refreshing and very seasonal.

We would recommend this restaurant to all of our friends, including the pickiest of foodies. Enjoy!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I'm from Annapolis, but...”
Reviewed November 17, 2007

I'm from Annapolis, but Elysium has THE BEST authentic Chesapeake crab cakes. Delicious! Fabulous wine and song bar.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Elegant Brunch at Morrison House”
Reviewed December 26, 2006

We had Christmas Brunch at Morrison House's restaurant. It was our first time at this establishment and we would definitely return - particularly for a special occasion. The service was absolutely impeccible from the minute we walked up to the door until we walked out. The staff never missed a step the entire experience. The front door was opened for us upon arrival, another staff member took our coats and checked them, and we were immediately taken to our table. The waitstaff were by far some of the most professional I've ever experienced at any dining establishment. The dining room we were in was somewhat small, only about 10 tables or so, but very tastefully decorated. The menu, an ala carte brunch, was fine - a bit limited but more than adequate with the standard egg dishes and a few of their own specialties. While the quality of everything was outstanding, the portion size was on the small side. We aren't hearty eaters and don't really like "super size" of anything, but even these portions could have been upped a bit. For example, I had the scrambled eggs and would say there were approximately three tablespoons of it on the plate. But all in all, it was an outstanding experience and we'd go there again. The prices are on the higher side - so check them out on their website before you go. In this case, it's worth it if you want excellent service and a nice atmosphere.

Thank TwoTravelersToG... A
A TripAdvisor Member
“Superb !”
Reviewed November 29, 2004

The food was awesome ! It's presentation & taste were impeccable. Everything about this place is very detail orientated. The restaurant atmosphere is upscale yet comfortable. I found the staff doting, yet never smothering. A superb dining experience. It's definitely on my list of places to frequent.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member