“Better than most fast food joints...but you pay through the nose”
Review of Five Guys

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Better burgers than most...and fries. Zero ambiance, but you're not going for that, or at least I hope you're not.

1  Thank libertyva9

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Okay, to be fair, the burgers are tasty and I like to know from where my fried potatoes have come. I love the variety of the toppings. BUT, if you have any issues with blood pressure, cholesterol and/or sodium and fat in your diet, AVOID IT! You will feel the grease and salt in your system for DAYS. A better bet is the burger joint on Washington next to Ross.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

There are always things in life that we wish…in this case it would be for an incredibility high metabolism and perfectly stable blood pressure so that I could enjoy Five Guys every day.

These burgers are beyond juicy, the buns are tender and soft and the toppings are heaped on and in abundance. The Five Guys in Alexandria on Richmond hwy is the standard Five Guys building, the white and red paint job with amble parking. The staff, always kind and greets you with a friendly hello when you enter the building.

While I have never tried the hotdogs; seems almost illegal given the ‘burger’ title, I have heard they are delicious. My son always goes for the bacon double burger with cheese, crisp pickle and ketchup while my boyfriend dares to brave the fresh jalapenos. The fries are fresh cut, salted and piled high. A regular order would easily serve 2 or more, depending on how much you value your fingers when you go in to grab the last few. You actually taste the potatoes, not the grease.

While you wait you can help yourself to the fresh, roasted peanuts that are in huge boxes in the entryway. But please be cautious if you have a peanut allergy in your family, they are fresh and they is a lot of peanut dust in the air.

The atmosphere is not remarkable, noisy and not especially comfortable.

I prefer to take my decadent, foil-wrapped goodness home so that I may enjoy my burger in front of the warm glow of my favorite movie.

I have had more expensive burgers, in fancier places, but none better.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

The regular burgers are huge-- I usually get a junior cheeseburger. There's a list of toppings to choose from ranging from my faves- lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup (but sometimes A-1), to fresh or grilled onions, mushrooms, jalepenos, and a bunch of other things I can't remember.

The real star is the french fry offering. The chalkboard always lets you know where the potatoes came from for today's fries. If you're by yourself, or even with a friend, order the small fries. An extra scoop is tossed into the bag, and there really are plenty. On our first visit we made the mistake of ordering 2 large orders-- and had to toss some of them--- they're so good... what a crime. We enjoy them with malt vinegar, available in all the stores.

We try not to go too often--- but it's always a special treat.

2  Thank laurfs
Reviewed July 29, 2013

You can't beat a Five Guys burger and fries. Try it and you will experience a freaken fantastic meal. Seriously, it is worth every penny.

1  Thank Steven P