“If u like misquite, 4 stars; if you don't, 2 stars”
Review of Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon - CLOSED

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Woodbridge, Virginia
“If u like misquite, 4 stars; if you don't, 2 stars”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This chain is fairly uniform in terms of food quality/quantity. The one in Alexandria can boast about its friendly staff.
We were a party of 7, celebrating a 90th birthday party. Our host is a regular. Everyone was pleased, particularly the birthday girl (they brought her a hot brownie with ice cream, sang etc.)

Price was right and the food matched the descriptions. Be careful about ordering the wings since they can be either mild or firey.

As noted in the title, they feature misquite grilled meat, so if that doesn't strike your taste buds, don't select the place.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 1LarryFox

Alexandria, Virginia
“S-L-O-W Service”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We love the food but we never choose to go to Lone Star without first discussing if we want to suffer the slow service. They no longer apologize for it as they are still able to pack folks in on the weekends, unfortunately even went less patrons during the week, the service is still at a snail's pace.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank merrydb
Culpeper, VA
“Not Up To Standard”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The strip steak was tough with a lot of grissle. I have eaten at numerous Lone Stars in other locations. This meal was not up to par.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank WallyB47
Cincinnati, OH, USA
“A good meal at an acceptable price”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A co-worker and I ate at the Alexandria Lone Star on a Tuesday evening. The food was hot, tasty, and very filling. The price was OK for the Northern Virginia area. Our server was friendly but not overly attentive.

I last dined at this restaurant about five years ago on another business trip. The most noticeable change for me was the lack of peanuts (bummer) and an updated menu. I had the 6 oz sirloin and BBQ chicken breast dinner. Both meats were well prepared and served hot off the grill. The sides were also served hot and tasted good. The atmosphere was average for this type of restaurant--in fact, the decor was more subdued than some other "roadhouse" style restaurants and Bruce Springsteen was on the Muzak system instead of country music.

Overall, our dinner at Lone Star was enjoyable. I have to admit that I prefer Texas Roadhouse, but the nearest one is 20 miles away. I would eat here again if/when the opportunity arises.

Alexandria, Virginia
“This used to be my favorite place, not so much anymore!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I used to frequent this location often. The steaks were always cooked to perfection and the service and ambiance was fantastic. Then things started going downhill! They changed managers and most of the staff. I have even phoned the regional manager about some of my dining experiences here, to no avail!

Let me start with a list of bad experiences.

Rancid steak and a manager who thought I was serious when I thanked him for the great dining experience! (he didn't remember he just replaced my steak)

Being out of food you ordered but weren't told until you were served.

Paper napkins, dirty glasses and silver ware, table cloths that didn't cover the tables, dirty dining room overall, servers that forgot items etc etc...

I used to come to this location twice a week religiously, now I go every several months just to see if it has gotten better.

I went just last week and it was as hot inside as outside, the steak had no flavor and the server was rude!

On a positive note...they have changed their serving dishes to something nice. Updated the decor to be a bit brighter. And started a frequent lunch diner punch card to get you to come more often.

But they have not changed anything that matters, like the food or the service! My server actually sighed out loud when she tried to deliver my salad and I was texting. Rather than to sit the chili down she waited, holding it in front of my face, until I moved my phone so she could place it where she wanted it. My steak was bland, bland and more bland. The best thing about the meal was the chocolate cake. It was fabulous!

Oh how I wish they would get their act together, I love this chain restaurant!

• Visited July 2012