“3 visits in the past year--and we live 300 miles away”
Review of Pita House

Pita House
Ranked #46 of 757 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
NC
“3 visits in the past year--and we live 300 miles away”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My family loves this place. My husband and daughter found it on a business trip to Alexandria. They received a tip on the King Street Trolley, tried it, and a new favorite restaurant was born.

I have now been there three times in the past year. If we are anywhere near the DC area, we go to the Pita House. The food is excellent, the prices are reasonable, and the service is great.

My teen claims that the lemonade (with rosewater) is top-notch---and she is definitely a lemonade expert.

I love to create my own platter. They serve these fried dumplings stuffed with spicy meat or cheese that are absolutely amazing. We opt for a dessert everytime--and have never been disappointed. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
“Some of the best middle eastern food available”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

They offer sampler platters so you can get a taste of everything. Hummus to die for. Pita not great for takeouts but still acceptable. Friendly, cheap, there or to go!

Visited August 2012
Kent, Texas
“Not Sure What The Fuss is All About?”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My dining companion suggested this restaurant based on her past experience with Pita House. Our meals were both "just fine" but they clearly did not come close to the quality which other reviewers have raved about. Having eaten Middle Eastern food here in the US and abroad, I have a pretty good sense of the flavors, the traditional combinations, and the variations; from this backgorund, I think my meal was only average. Specifics - the meat in the schwarma was over-cooked and dry, the lamb was not particularly flavorful, and the appetizers weren't "all that." To echo another reviewer's comments, the servers seemed to be less than excited about their jobs.

• Visited October 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Consistently Very Good...”
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I currently dine at the Pita House about once a month. It is our favorite Lebanese restaurant in greater D.C. and one of our favorites overall in Old Town.

The restaurant is located along a busy stretch of King Street between Washington and Columbus Streets. The dining room is long and somewhat narrow. Decor and furnishings are spartan, but well-positioned lighting and light colors give the restaurant an inviting and pleasant ambiance.

The food is consistently well-prepared and delicious. Favorites include hummus, chicken shawarama salad, chicken shawarama sandwich, fatteh bel djaj, and shish ta wouk. Notable accompaniments include fresh pita bread, nicely-seasoned salads, and a tasty yogurt sauce. Portions are generous. Prices are reasonable -- especially compared with the hyper-inflated menus at numerous other Old Town eateries.

Staff is generally pleasant, prompt, and courteous. Sometimes service can slow noticeably if the restaurant is crowded. Couples, families, and smaller groups can be accommodated simultaneously and comfortably.

Pita House is a very good option to consider for lunch or dinner -- whether one is a resident or visitor.

Lexington, Va
“Old Town Delight”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this spot on King Street! Gyro and Mekanek (Lebanese sausage) were excellent. Prices were very reasonable.

• Visited September 2012