“authentic restaurant and mexican food”
Review of Taqueria Poblano

Taqueria Poblano
Ranked #57 of 765 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We went to this cute "little" it is small mexican restaurant the other night. It is located in a quaint area called Del Ray in Alexandria. Mainstreet type location. The food was great. I had onion and cheese enchiladas with rice. I requested no beans and they offered to substitute mexican slaw no extra charge! My dining partner had tacos all hard, beef, pork and chicken. Margaritas were tasty and not weak. I enjoyed my meal although the slaw was a little different. Tasted like it was maybe cumin and cilantro flavored but no other sauce was added. They actually served guacamole with the enchiladas and I didn't have to ask for a side of it. My dining partner didn't think there was much flavor to the beef or pork tacos but he really enjoyed the chicken one. Salsa and chips are served with the meal also. Serve was very fast and friendly.It was a little noisy in there too, but most places are now-a-days. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal there.

1  Thank debbie w
There are newer reviews for Taqueria Poblano

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great fresh cali-mex food with lots of flavor and a tiny bit of outside seating. Margaritas are pretty darn good as well.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what the big deal is about this place. I've come here a few times for dinner and lunch and there's always a line out the door. Part of this is that the restaurant is tiny on the inside but the other part seems to be that people legitimately love this place. I'm not saying the food is bad -- isn't decent Mexican food and relatively decently priced -- but it wasn't the best Mexican food I've ever eaten. Inside, the place is cramped and tiny; I can see the appeal, but I think I just prefer larger dining spaces. That said, my friend ordered the fish tacos and said they were delicious so maybe that's what all the hoopla's about? I'd come back here if I was in the mood for Mexican food and didn't feel like driving anywhere else, but I'd just choose something else if there were to be a wait.

2  Thank Jisel P
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Big things come in small packages! This place is incredible! They have it down to a science getting people in the door, served, AND continue to provide amazing service the whole time! First place in a while where the waiter actually brought me a drink refill without me requesting on. And the food! A major flavor explosion! Someone mentioned to get the habanero sauce. Ask for it. Perfect amount of heat and flavor combined. Well worth a stop. Even if you have to go out of your way, try this place!!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I wish we lived closer, this is one of my favorite restaurants. Great combinations of ingredients on tacos. Love the margaritas. Love the service. Hate the wait, but it is worth it. They are so nice here, it seems the staff has been there forever, which is always a good sign to me. The duck carnitas are delicious and I always get either the shrimp or fish tacos. Sometimes I venture away from the tried and true and get a special. No disappointments there either. YUM!!!!