“Ok”
Review of The Majestic

The Majestic
Reserve with OpenTable
The Majestic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ok”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The title says it all.
Went during Alexandria Restaurant Week and ordered their prix-fixe dinner for $35. From the appetizer, mussels were tasty as well as the fried green tomatoes (wish there was more of it). Main course of chicken piccata was average and could be made at home; the seafood stew had good flavor. The desserts were more of a disappointment. Churros were not fully cooked through; chocolate brownie which supposedly came with a "gelato" tasted more like plain ice cream and brownie tasted stale and worse tasting than that from a box. If you've wanted to try this restaurant, it's a good time to go during restaurant week, otherwise, not really worth the money.

• Visited August 2013

Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Great spot!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

A friend recommended this spot for a Sunday dinner a few weekend ago when we were in Northern VA. visiting our son. It was a wonderful recommendation. It was a bit of a walk from the waterfront area of Old Town Alexandria but so worth it. My husband and I had the Nana's Sunday Dinner! A delicious BBQ chicken dinner with all the fixings including an amazing berry cobbler! Our son had the grilled skirt steak and his girlfriend the chicken piccata. Both raved theirs was delicious. We all had french press coffee after dinner well worth the few extra minutes.

The decor was nothing fancy however, the food and the wait staff exceptional and we loved that we weren't rushed. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the Majestic Cafe!

• Visited July 2013
Washington DC
“Don't bother”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you want ot pay $24 for meatloaf make yourself at home. Food is homey - but so very pricey. And frankly this food I can cook myself. There's no reason to go out. Popular because the Obamas visited.

Visited July 2013
Washington DC
“A favorite”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The atmosphere is always cute and the staff friendly and knowledgeable. Although we love some of the staples like the pate and outstanding meatloaf, it would be nice to see some additional variety on the menu. We used to go bi-weekly but have started to go less since the menu doesn't change that often.

Visited March 2013
Germantown, Tennessee
“Great Food - Friendly Staff”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I visited The Majestic Cafe on July 18 and we were very happy with the quality of their food and their service. We were promptly seated and only had a short wait before our meal was served. We both bought their three course meal special and were very happy with the selections. My wife had the house salad, chicken and the strawberry shortcake for desert. I had the caesar salad (prepared table side), meatloaf and key lime pie. All of their food was very well prepared and very tasty. The key lime pie was my favorite. One other item of note was that this restaurant serves "still water" instead of tap water at your table. The "still water" did not have any chemical taste like tap water usually has, and to me it made a difference in the taste of the food served. I later learned that this restuarant is favorite of the local crowd and usually reservations are required. I would definitely recommend this restuarant and will visit them again the next time I am in Alexandria.

• Visited July 2013