“Huge Disappointment”
Review of The Majestic

The Majestic
Reserve with OpenTable
The Majestic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 757 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cross street: Btw. Alfred & Patrick
Virginia, USA
“Huge Disappointment”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Our third visit to this restaurant and definitely our last. Arrived very early for dinner service. Entrees took 50 minutes to arrive while we saw people around us receiving their food despite having come in after us. The seafood stew (which was once my favorite) contained clams which were gritty and full of sand. I almost threw up a mouth full of sand. Despite me informing the server that the clams were gritty, no one offered to take the dish away and make a new one. Nothing else offered as compensation. We paid the full bill for 3 cocktails, 2 appetizers and 2 entrees and vowed never to come back again.

• Visited September 2011

Alexandria, Virginia
“Grandma's Sunday Dinner - YUM”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is a great restaurant, but hard to get in. I definitely recommend reservations. They do a meal on Sunday's that is "Grandma's Sunday Dinner". There were four of us and three had the dinner. The portions were huge and served family style, while one person had the regular menu. The food was excellent and the service is attentive, but not overdone. My only negative would be that it takes awhile for the beverages to come from the bar. For a small place it seems odd, so order your beverage early. Our favorite place in Old Town Alexandria for sure.

• Visited July 2011
Wildwood, Missouri
“Killer Meatloaf!”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

i was in D.C. on business and staying in Old Town Alexandria. I don't like to eat alone, however was walking down King St from my hotel and decided that I needed to eat something more appetizing than fast food. Looking from the sidewalk into The Majestic's window it looked friendly, warm, and inviting. Being alone I sat at the Bar, ordered a hand crafted micro-brew, and accepted the menu. I got no farther than the Meatloaf, ordered, and the next thing I knew was presented a plate with perfectly done Mashed Potatos, Fresh Green Beans, and the most fantastic Meatloaf I've had in some time.....comparable to Mom's at a minimum and don't tell her significantly better. A complex loaf with loads of flavor accompanied by home made gravy. Great service, warm staff and a must when I'm in town!

• Visited November 2010
Central New York
“Just ok”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Food was fine but nothing outstanding. I got the seafood stew which was ok but not that flavorful. Same for the house salad. Felt the same way the last time I went. Its pricey, service was good, but nothing was super.

• Visited August 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
“A bar seat is better than no seat in this trendy establishment”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

The three of us sat at the bar (a wise-choice) rather than wait for a table. Luckily, there is a M-F lunch menu that includes a drink (no booze, though) for $12.95. There are enough selections to satisfy most people's tastes.

The service by the bartender was spot-on and we never had to ask for beverage refills. A pleasant experience.

• Visited May 2011