“Grandma's Sunday Dinner - YUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Majestic

The Majestic
Reserve with OpenTable
The Majestic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 752 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Btw. Alfred & Patrick
Alexandria, Virginia
“Grandma's Sunday Dinner - YUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is a great restaurant, but hard to get in. I definitely recommend reservations. They do a meal on Sunday's that is "Grandma's Sunday Dinner". There were four of us and three had the dinner. The portions were huge and served family style, while one person had the regular menu. The food was excellent and the service is attentive, but not overdone. My only negative would be that it takes awhile for the beverages to come from the bar. For a small place it seems odd, so order your beverage early. Our favorite place in Old Town Alexandria for sure.

• Visited July 2011

Wildwood, Missouri
“Killer Meatloaf!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

i was in D.C. on business and staying in Old Town Alexandria. I don't like to eat alone, however was walking down King St from my hotel and decided that I needed to eat something more appetizing than fast food. Looking from the sidewalk into The Majestic's window it looked friendly, warm, and inviting. Being alone I sat at the Bar, ordered a hand crafted micro-brew, and accepted the menu. I got no farther than the Meatloaf, ordered, and the next thing I knew was presented a plate with perfectly done Mashed Potatos, Fresh Green Beans, and the most fantastic Meatloaf I've had in some time.....comparable to Mom's at a minimum and don't tell her significantly better. A complex loaf with loads of flavor accompanied by home made gravy. Great service, warm staff and a must when I'm in town!

• Visited November 2010
Central New York
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Food was fine but nothing outstanding. I got the seafood stew which was ok but not that flavorful. Same for the house salad. Felt the same way the last time I went. Its pricey, service was good, but nothing was super.

• Visited August 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
“A bar seat is better than no seat in this trendy establishment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

The three of us sat at the bar (a wise-choice) rather than wait for a table. Luckily, there is a M-F lunch menu that includes a drink (no booze, though) for $12.95. There are enough selections to satisfy most people's tastes.

The service by the bartender was spot-on and we never had to ask for beverage refills. A pleasant experience.

• Visited May 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Confusing Service Mediocre Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

My sister and I live locally and visited the Majestic for dinner at 4:45 pm. We had to wait until 5pm since they wouldn't seat us sooner. We had champagne to start, then appetizer, salad and main course. Everything was at best marginal. The service was confusing since every time a wait person came to the table it was a different person. When we needed something (because staff didn't come by often) we didn't know who to flag down. Then one waiter told us "they all share, so it doesn't matter who you speak to" which we thought was stupid because you can't get good service if the person waiting on you doesn't know what you ordered or asked for or remember your name - or us theirs. Whatever they put into our main course - maybe some spice - gave both of us stomach problems all night. This is the last visit for dinner becuase it's been the same over and over again. I know they are thought highly of, but we just don't care for it. BUT, I will give rave reviews and a 10 to the coconut cake and other deserts. So best case we agree to stick to, go there and have champagne and coconut cake and have dinner elsewhere. For the price (it's pricey) there are other choices that we prefer.

• Visited April 2011