“Worth a visit”
Review of The Majestic

The Majestic
Reserve with OpenTable
The Majestic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Btw. Alfred & Patrick
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Nice ambiance, good food and very friendly/helpful staff. Seemed a tad expensive, but I haven't eaten in enough local restaurants to make a judgement.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

I went here with m family this past weekend. The food was good, but it was a bit expensive for a family. I had heard it was good, which it was, however, when ordering for my kids, I was quite surprised at the prices. Not extremely family-friendly in budget.

Reviewed February 11, 2011

Our evening here was wonderful. It was out first time at The Majestic and it was certainly memorable. Yes, it is expensive, but it was well worth it with excellent service. After checking our coats, we were welcomed by the great décor of the place—very warm yet modern but very comfortable too, even at a table in the middle of the dining room, which was very open.

The waiter was very attentive, professional and allowed us to take our time to have nice relaxed evening. We began with a beer and cocktail, which were delivered promptly. Our appetizer was Fried Green Tomatoes and was perhaps one of the best fried green tomatoes we’ve had due to their combining it with egg whites and a great creamy sauce. For our entrees we had the salmon and scallops. Both were excellently cooked and seasoned with wonderful taste. However, the scallops were slightly smaller than we had expected. We also had a side of the onion rings, which were very large and tasty.

We finished with champagne and dessert (a crispy crepe-type thing), which was very good. Overall my only complaint is that the noise went a little too high at times. Also, the whole place is fairly narrow and they have organized tables to maximize the number of people in there. I think they could lose a few tables and open up the space a bit more.

I would recommend this place for special occasions or a nice yet relaxed client/business dinner.

2  Thank EuroHoneyMoon2010
Reviewed December 2, 2010

The menu features comfort food (lamb shank, meatloaf, mac and cheese) along with several more elegant dishes, but it is all excellent. They use local fresh ingredients, bake their own bread and pastries, I think, and serve it all in an gussied up version of an old style downtown cafe. We have never been disappointed and are usually delighted.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

I went to the Majestic for a first time a couple weeks ago and have been dying to go back ever since! I went with a friend and we decided to split 3 dishes: fried green tomatoes, gnocchi, and a scallops dish. All were fantastic! The service was great - they offered to split all the dishes for us beforehand, service was quick, waitress was nice. I already have reservations to go back this weekend! Highly recommend!