“The area's best Italian food!”

Landini Brothers Incorporated
Reserve with OpenTable
Landini Brothers Incorporated is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Lee Street and King Street
Transit: King Street Metro stop, about 16 blocks away from the restaurant.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

If you have not visited the Landin Brothers Italian restaurant in old town Alexandria, this is a must stop for the best of meals! We have been to eat on numerous occasions, and have had the best meals each of every time. From the awesome veal dishes to the exquisite desserts, I can't stop eating here The Scampi alla Aglio is to die for and top if off with the copa amerena dessert (if that is how you spell it). The atmosphere is great and the location down in Historic Old Town Alexadria, is a great treat to take visitors.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is one of my wife's very favorite restaurants. We dined early on New Year's Eve. The female staff was very beautifully and formally dressed for the occasion. The males also were formally attired. Add to this their friendly and professional demeanor, and we knew it would be a special dinner. We were not disappointed. We shared the fresh bread and the delicious Insalata Piatta, which was sliced tomato, avocado and asparagus, served with a vinaigrette dressing. The entrees of Wild Tasmanian Salmon and the Tortellini alla Panna (tortellini pasta filled with veal, sautéed in a light cream sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese) were excellent. Overall, this was a superb dining experience. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

A good variety of Italian dishes are offered, including nice seafood options and a good variety of pastas. The restaurant and menu probably has not been updated in many years, but that is okay if you know to expect it. My husband had a nice homemade pasta with a variety of seafood. I loved the Agnolotti Fiorentina. It was a very busy night but service was still quite good.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I've loved this restaurant for years (as my prior review shows). My two most recent visits, however, force me to say something negative about the kitchen and the food quality -- both of which have declined in the last year. First, my old favorite, linguini with white clam sauce, no longer has anything in it recognizable as clams. What? Yes. Perhaps they are getting clams out of a can from some Asian source (small, tasteless black shards of something, not pink bits of clams and no whole ones, nothing served in a shell) -- just a guess -- but they sure weren't clams from New England, not in what was served to me in any event. (Did they serve me something with mushrooms instead? Anything is possible, I suppose, but they insisted it was white clam sauce the way they've always done it. Au contraire!) The linguini was as good as ever, but the sauce and clams were not. Strike one. Second, they used to offer a pretty decent steak. Odd to choose a steak at an Italian restaurant, but sometimes that's what one wants. Never again for me at this place! What I got, misleadingly described in the menu as "prime sirloin," was a sliced up, warm, thick fat-edged mess of the lowest quality beef I've been served in any restaurant lately. It looked as if it had been prepared long before I ordered it -- cut up (no one serves steak this way), overcooked, tasteless, unpleasant: inedible, really. Strike two. Maybe next time I'll have to stick with the veal, if there is a next time. After all, three strikes and you're out, and that would sadden me after decades of enjoyment here. The staff remains very pleasant, table service is slow, but good when you get it, the bar makes excellent drinks, the crowd is convivial, and so on, but, of course, it's all about the food.

1  Thank Percy22309
Reviewed December 20, 2013

There is nothing bad about Landini Brothers but alas there was nothing outstanding. The food was good but unimaginative. The ingredients were fine but we got the feeling that the kitchen was phoning it in; i.e. have been making the same stuff for years and not taking special care in doing it. The place is noisy !! There can be no quiet conversation. Yelling (braying south of the Mason-Dixon Line) is the norm here. Based on the above we thought that the value was so-so. It is unlikely that we would return in the near future if at all. I suppose we were disappointed since Landini was highly recommended to us by an acquaintance. Hopefully it was an off night and not a race to the bottom in dining in Alexandria. .