“Surprisingly Good for a Restaurant on King Street”

Landini Brothers Incorporated
Reserve with OpenTable
Landini Brothers Incorporated is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Lee Street and King Street
Transit: King Street Metro stop, about 16 blocks away from the restaurant.
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I don't usually eat in the middle of a tourist area, but I ate at Landini Brothers on King Street with a group while visiting Alexandria for a business conference. We ate in a private dining area, which was very nice without being secluded and away from the warmth and atmosphere of the main eating area on the second floor. For my appetizer I had tuna tartare, which was prepared perfectly and tasted great. I had veal scallopini for my main course, which was cooked very well and thankfully was not too much food- the chef appeared to emphasize quality over quantity, which I appreciate. The dessert selections were diverse, and I chose creme brulle, which was an excellent choice. The restaurant had an excellent wine list, and I ended up settling for the house cabernet, which was quite good for the price. I recommend the restaurant if you are looking for a nice Italian restuarant in the middle of Old Town Alexandria.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We visited for lunch - there are many choices on the east end of King Street, but Landini Brothers must have one of the nicest interior spaces in the neighborhood. Fairly quiet, charming. Menu was decent, enough choices. Routine Italian fare with modest, upscale flair. Prices as expected for tourist area. Clam Chowder and Cream of Asparagus soup were good to great, in that order. Veal Marsala with fingerling potatoes was tender and flavorful. Insalata de Fagioli was light and fresh and plentiful. Service was good. All in all, it was a nice break from our touring.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We recently stayed in DC because my husband and a few of our family members were running in the Marine Corps Marathon on 10/28/2012. There was a big group of us that all wanted to go to dinner the night before the run and someone had suggested Landini Brothers because it wasn't in DC (which was way crowded for the event). In total we had 17 in our party which was nice that they could accommodate us with a table. When we go the menu's the prices were high (as to be expected in a nice itailan restaurant), but we thought for sure with the price being what it was they would have decent size portions - This was NOT the case. I ordered a pasta dish called Linguine alle Pescatora priced $22.95. Let me just say, we are not a fat family (we were there for a marathon)... but we do like to eat a decent amount when we order a dish that is more than $20. My plate came out first and it was a small plate. I felt bad about this because I knew that my sister and father had agreed on splitting the same dish because they thought it might be too much food - needless to say, they made their dinner off the bread baskets. My husband ordered Agnolotti alla Fiorentina $17.95. When he got his food he literally had seven small ravioli like noodles on a large plate that was filled with sauce. I couldn't believe it - he had to wake up the next day and run a marathon after eating seven pieces of pasta?! On top of it all, the restaurant refused to split our checks because they claimed it was too much trouble. I worked in restaurants for many years through college and we could always split checks no matter how many people were in a party. It was pure madness. As for the location it was beautiful, next time we will find a better place to eat. Worst money ever spent at a restaurant that's for sure.

1  Thank Krista G
Reviewed November 8, 2012

A friend and I started the evening at the Italian restaurant next door (an Old Town staple). More employees milling about than diners was the first bad sign. The shoddy decor was the second, and despite scores of empty tables, where the host attempted to seat us sealed the deal so we left. Don't even go there on a dare. So, we walked into Landini Brothers, an elegant restaurant with a warm, cozy clubby vibe. Service could not have been more professional. No rushes, no constant interruptions, didn't have to wait for the ground pepper to be offered for the salad - usually a bad omen. The server was gracious and knowledgeable about the daily specials, the popular items, and the menu as a whole. Nice wine list, and the server picked out an excellent Merlot. My friend had the avocado stuffed with crab and I had the French onion soup- which was perfect. Not loaded down with salty cheese, and the perfect amount of onions. The mains were the veal scallopini (friend) and parmesan (me) with a side of pasta rather than the standard green beans and potatoes - which I'm sorry should not be the standard side for a veal or chicken - or any dish in an Italian restaurant. Also had a side salad that was the only item that I won't get again. Dressing forgettable as were the vegetables that outnumbered the lettuce by about 3-1. Terrific place, and while only one $ sign higher than next door, was immesurably better. A definite return joint for Italian in Old Town.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Every time I'm in Alexandria for business, I visit this restaurant. It's an excellent place. Food and service are outstanding. Atmosphere is excellent. Can be a little noisy when busy, but what place isn't? Pasta is awesome, so is the veal picatta and asparagus soup.