“New York Style Pizza on point!”

Valentino's New York Style
Ranked #115 of 820 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Found this place on the Internet doing a Google search for NY style pizza in Alexandria. Went by on a Saturday night and was quite impressed with the pizza pie. Small location which is on Beauregard Road; not to far past Landmark Mall. A bit of a drive from Old Town but the price, value, and taste of the pizza are likely superior to what you would find in the oft expensive Old Town area. I have saved this place on my phone GPS for future trips. Great find!

1  Thank TrueTripInfo

Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you like thin crust that doesn't taste like cardboard then Valentino's is for you. I've actually ordered an extra large before just so I could freeze a few pieces for lunch.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

After moving to the DC area from New Jersey I have searched far and wide for a comparable pizza option to home. Finding Valentino's was like striking gold. From the moment I stepped in the door I knew I was in an actual pizzeria, which is a very rare occurrence in the area. Their prices were very reasonable especially since their large pies are much larger than average pies. Valentino's really hit the spot and will be my go to pizzeria for the foreseeable future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Valentino's in Alexandria VA.
The reviews were why we decided to give this pizza joint a try, while visiting our daughter.
I picked out a really nice looking pizza in the showcase and found out that it's a "meat lovers pizza". I decided to try it and I'm amazed at the taste and quality. These guys are from New York and really know how to make it right. All the ingredients tasted fresh and we're simply awesome! We were there on a Saturday afternoon around 4pm and were lucky to get a parking spot in the tiny lot. There was a constant stream of takeout customers. We can hardly wait to visit again and try the rest of the menu. I'm not sure if they have wait staff. We ordered at the counter then waited till they called our name, and then we brought the order to our table.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

All I can say is "wow." I have never seen a business that treats their customers so poorly and arrogantly from their driver to their manager. I ordered a large pizza, 2 2-liter bottles of soda and garlic knots, but when the driver showed up late with just the pizza, I was a little disappointed. He then told me that he was going to go get the other parts of the order. After waiting about 50 minutes for the sodas and the garlic knots, I called the store, which put me on hold for more than 10 minutes. I was trying to cancel, but they since it took so long, but it was almost as if they forgot that I was on the phone. A short time later, the driver called and said that he was in front of my building and asked that I come get the remainder of the order. I explained to him that I will not be accepting the order because it had taken them about a hour to bring me the remainder of the order. He then proceeded to verbally abuse me by calling me names and yelling at me. When I told him that I would be filing a complaint, he said "what do you think this is boy, go ahead and do what you want." So I called the store and asked for the manager. They put me on hold multiple times and a manager finally got on the phone and asked what I wanted. I told him that I would like to file a formal complaint about his driver's verbal abuse and lack of customer service. He then said "what do you think this is? This is a pizzeria, not AT&T. We don't train our staff. They come and go." I told him that I couldn't believe that an establishment that is concerned about business would not at least train their staff to be courteous to their customers. And I told him that I would not be accepting the sodas and the garlic knots and that he could come and get the pizza if he wanted, but I would not be paying for it. He then proceeded to say "I'm doing you a favor by delivering to you, don't worry about it, I'm going to block your number and we will not be delivering to you unless you order $100 or more ever again." Who does this guy think he is? What makes him think that I would ever order from him again with the attitude this guy has and the lack of respect for his customers. I'm a pretty easy going guy, but this place needs to go out of business to realize that just decent food isn't going keep them open for long.