“Not as good as I remembered”

Peking Duck Restaurant
Ranked #172 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had the duck and it was carved table side but without the flair displayed by the original legendary owner. The wraps were dry and brittle, but still, this continues to be the best duck to be had.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Have been enjoying oriental food here for years. I have never found a oriental food that I enjoy more. Yes, decor could be update but this doesn't affect the food. Service is always friendly and good. Price is certainly right.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Whenever we have a hankering for Peking duck, we come here. It is only for Peking Duck, I give 4 stars. The rest of the Chinese food are basic stuff one can get at average Chinese restaurants. I used to go to Duck Chang in Annandale but when a branch opened here, we started to go here. Can't beat the juiciness of the meat as well as the crispness of the skin. The scallions are fresh and sweet sauce is just right. The pan cakes are thin enough. We usually order half a duck and that will fill our stomache for both of us. This is good value for money. Perhaps things have changed in Beijing but both in 90s and early '00, didn't think duck was not to my liking. One place was quite famous with all the photos of famous people who visited but duck was rather dry. So, we still like Peking Duck here.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The first time I tried peking duck was at this restaurant. They have never been busy when I go by (which makes me wonder how much business they receive). I have ordered the duck a few times, but I wish they would deliver it. Since they don't I have found another place just as good that does deliver.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Ate here last more than 15 years ago. Had a little family group of 7 and wanted Chinese food. My mother-in-law always liked their food. Outside, the building exterior hasn't changed nor has the interior. However, service and food were delicious. The Peking duck was very tasty and well presented. Do not be deterred by the surroundings. Although the place was empty on a Thursday evening when we arrived, it was obvious locals showed up and sought the place specifically for their choice of Chinese food. A good evening had by all.