“Great place to eat. Friendly and fast service!”

Fish Market Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Indiana
“Great place to eat. Friendly and fast service!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had dinner at this restaurant while visiting D.C. Our family of four enjoyed the seafood. Hush puppies were the best I've had. My husband ordered a burger that tasted great! The only improvement would've been more seasoning on the salmon. The service was excellent!

Nassau Bay, Texas
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Had lunch here recently with a group. We all got something different and were impressed! The seafood was awesome. The sandwiches are huge!

Visited July 2014
Panama, Republic of Panama
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were looking for a place for some good seafood for lunch in Old Alexandria and the girl at the Visitor's Center recommended the Fish Market. What a great lunch! Although they had seating outside (which would have been lovely in the Fternnon) it was too hot at the moment, so we sat inside. I had the Lobster Bisque, which was simple scrumptious, and then the Fish Cakes which were done to perfection! My husband had the Clam Chowder which he said was very very good! Along with the great wine and excellent service, the experience was wonderful. Would definitely recommend and return if given the chance.

• Visited June 2014
Mount Royal, New Jersey
“Good value and service”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We enjoyed great meals accompanied by great service from start to finish. The Fish Market was a dining experience I'd look forward to again. The local selection of Oysters was tasty, the Oyster, Crawfish, and Shrimp Po'Boy was tasty; though it could have been a little more seasoned, and the creamy pasta with seafood dish was spot on.

“"Finally Went"”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I have been living in the area for at least 17 years. I frequent the ice cream store next and never once the Fish Market Restuarant. I always look inside the window and say I'll be back one day lol. Well I went and I was impressed. The food was delicious and the service I received was good. I spent a little more than I normal would have for me and my two boys but it was worth it. I look forward to going back and I highly recommend it.

The only thing I would change is the fries. I am not a fan of steak fries.