“Classic Stand-By Favroite for Locals and Tourists Alike.”

Fish Market Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been going to the Fish Market since I was in high school. I'm now, well, quite a ways out of high school and well into my career. The ownership and management has changed over the years, and the restaurant has been through many changes, but it always has been, and still remains, a solid choice in Old Town. I love their lobster bisque. And the salads are wonderful. My friend and I like to go at the end of a crazy work week for oyster shooters and a dozen oysters on the half shell.
Sandwiches and entrees are always good as well. For for those really bad weeks at the office, I recommend the "schooner" beers (huge icy draft beers!). My personal preference is not for frying seafood, but there is plenty that you can get on the menu here that is not fried, and everything I have has been delicious.
Did I mention the freshly shucked oysters on the half shell and their oyster shooters? Yeah, they're just worth mentioning again.
I'm looking forward to going to one of the Wednesday "Lobster Night"s in the new year.
Fish Market is friendly, relaxed and comfortable for an any-night gathering with friends, family, or a date... The location is great -- right in the heart of Old Town just steps from the waterfront, and admidst all the action of King Street. It's a regular stop for tourists, but never completely inundated by them. :-)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent Christmas Eve here with our Family recently. Happy Hour margaritas were outstanding, service great and food was excellent. Similar menu as the Wharf a few doors up and much better prices and quality. Great place!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have been here a few times now and I really like the casual atmosphere, good food, and a great location in Old Town in a really old building.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Came here for a family get together. Were seated right away which was great. Good variety on the menu but a little overpriced. Service was very good with a very attentive waiter. Enjoyed it very much but not sure we would go back due to prices.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we walked in the door the service was outstanding! The food came out quickly and taste great.

Thankfully we came out on a bitter, cold Sunday so the parking was avaliable and free.

I'd recommend coming at lunch because dinner would defiantly be more pricey.

Overall great experience, I'd go back & I recommend it.

1  Thank namil