“Exactly what I wanted” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fish Market Restaurant

Fish Market Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 748 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Town
Palatka, Florida
“Exactly what I wanted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Walking around old town Alexandria I wanted to eat dinner at a place with local character and that's what I found here. The building lists its own history on an upstairs wall as having been a civil war hospital! The atmosphere was laid back. The fried shrimp was just right. Great history overlooking the street and great seafood makes this a place I'd be happy to go back to!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ben B

Fairfax, Virginia
“Our Old Town tradition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I stopped at the Fish Market Restaurant in 2010 on our first date, both of us were widow(er). We decided to revisit this March to celebrate my wife's birthday and have lunch. The restaurant is undergoing some renovations on one side, but it didn't affect our lunch. We decided to split a bowl of lobster bisque and we agreed it was probably the best we've ever had with large pieces of lobster. We both had a glass of pinot grigio and she had fish and chips which included several large pieces of cod. I had the fish tacos and they were very good with plenty of white fish, haddock. We highly recommend the Fish Market Restaurant for a nice leisurely lunch.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank timjc46
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
“Great Wings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stopped while we were strolling around Old Town Alexandria for a drink and wings. A great place to stop and rest while you're out and about. Not too noisy. The wings were great - not overly breaded or fried and hot a great hot sauce. It made my eyes run and my nose water when I took the first bite. Also a good chardonnay.

• Visited February 2013
fairfax va
“a cant miss in old town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

visiting old town alexandria is a treat and eating at the fish market helps make it complete. great raw as well as properly prepared to your desire cooked seafood. . great authentic historic bulding gives the ambiance of historic alexandria. knowledgable wait staff adds to a great place for fish.

• Visited February 2013
Suburban Philadelphia
“Just a bit of a downer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I had a meal at The Fish Market on a recent trip to Alexandria. We were hungry for fish, so we reasoned that this was the place to come. It was a bit difficult to find, since the facade of the restaurant was covered in heavy builder's plastic sheets. We were seated downstairs in a rather dark, gloomy space. The waiter had a hang-dog look about him, as though he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. He took our orders without any problem, although I wondered whether this poor fellow was depressed (Hope he's OK). I ordered a local draft beer, a seafood stew, and a filet of fish sandwich. The beer (a pilsener) had no kick to it and was only 1/2 step above an abominable lite beer----Gads! The stew was good---lots of fish and a tasteful creamy sauce. The fish sandwich was plentiful (took up the whole plate) but was too heavily fried. All in all, the meal was average, and when we return to Alexandria, we will sample another one of the multitude of restaurants on King Street. Someone has to do fish better, I would think.

• Visited January 2013