“Great Wings”

Fish Market Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 754 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Old Town
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
“Great Wings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stopped while we were strolling around Old Town Alexandria for a drink and wings. A great place to stop and rest while you're out and about. Not too noisy. The wings were great - not overly breaded or fried and hot a great hot sauce. It made my eyes run and my nose water when I took the first bite. Also a good chardonnay.

• Visited February 2013

fairfax va
“a cant miss in old town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

visiting old town alexandria is a treat and eating at the fish market helps make it complete. great raw as well as properly prepared to your desire cooked seafood. . great authentic historic bulding gives the ambiance of historic alexandria. knowledgable wait staff adds to a great place for fish.

• Visited February 2013
Suburban Philadelphia
“Just a bit of a downer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I had a meal at The Fish Market on a recent trip to Alexandria. We were hungry for fish, so we reasoned that this was the place to come. It was a bit difficult to find, since the facade of the restaurant was covered in heavy builder's plastic sheets. We were seated downstairs in a rather dark, gloomy space. The waiter had a hang-dog look about him, as though he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. He took our orders without any problem, although I wondered whether this poor fellow was depressed (Hope he's OK). I ordered a local draft beer, a seafood stew, and a filet of fish sandwich. The beer (a pilsener) had no kick to it and was only 1/2 step above an abominable lite beer----Gads! The stew was good---lots of fish and a tasteful creamy sauce. The fish sandwich was plentiful (took up the whole plate) but was too heavily fried. All in all, the meal was average, and when we return to Alexandria, we will sample another one of the multitude of restaurants on King Street. Someone has to do fish better, I would think.

• Visited January 2013
Chantilly, Virginia
“Quality has declined”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I used to go here all the time when I first moved to the area. Since then I feel the quality has really declined. I had a fish sandwich, was very very dry. Sandwich didn't come with anything. Just sitting on a plate....

Visited December 2012
Alexandria, VA
“good food, decent prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

we often go to the Fish Market when we want a good fried fish platter, hot spiced shrimp, and oysters. Family friendly, especially if you sit upstairs.

Visited December 2012