“Believe the Reviews!”
Review of Wharf Restaurant

Wharf Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wharf Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 757 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Transit: Free trolley from Metro stop to the Wharf and transit stop 1 block from restaurant.
Description: History has been written inside the walls of the Wharf, with its 1790's style architecture featuring original wood columns and beams that are charred black from a Civil War fire. Since 1971, satisfied diners have been heading to The Wharf in Old Town for whole Maine lobster, local soft shell crabs and prime steaks and chops. The restaurant has recently been renovated and remodeled and the menu updated to include many contemporary seafood items along with their traditional Chesapeake Bay creations. Our 2nd floor Dining Room is perfect for Banquets and Private Parties. Can seat up to 60 people.
La Grange, Illinois
“Believe the Reviews!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stumbled upon The Wharf walking through Old Town last year and sat outside to sample the claim of best crab cakes. The crab cakes were terrific! We returned to Alexandria and The Wharf this summer for a birthday meal; crab cakes, fish, calamari, all wonderful. The wine list is reasonably priced with interesting choices. Pedro the manager was very helpful discussing booking The Wharf for a family event.

Somerset, New Jersey
“Very Good Seafood.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I were in Old Town for the weekend and wanted a nice place for Saturday night dinner. We went to The Wharf, which was only about 10 minutes from our hotel. This restaurant is in a busy, very popular area but there is parking in a deck around the corner ($12 for the time it took to eat dinner). We made 9:00pm reservations and were seated promptly. The place was "dimly" lit, perfect for a romantic dinner, but unfortunately, the tables are rather close together and we were seated next to a young woman who was speaking rather loudly. Our waiter was very good, and dinner progressed happily once that table left. We both ordered the large Seafood Chowder ($6.95); I wouldn't say it was loaded with seafood, but it tasted very good. I also ordered a Dirty Martini ($8) - although the waiter shook the jigger at the table, the martini wasn't very "dirty" nor very alcohol-filled. I ordered the crab cakes ($27) and grilled veggies - they were very good. My husband ordered the shellfish platter ($33), which included crabcakes and scallops. It too was very good. While our meal was good, and I'm glad we went, I wouldn't go out of my way to return - I'd probably try another seafood place next time.

1 Thank cpgz
Westborough, Massachusetts
“Excellent service”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The best waiter service we had in a very long time. Everyone was very intentive of our requests and needs. My husband had the cat fish which was cooked to perfection; my husband rates this dish a 8 out of 10. He also order a la carte the mashed potatos with lobster. Well worth the price and his rating is an 11 out of 10, truly an outstanding side dish. I had the crab cakes and they were wonderful; 9 out of 10. All family members had the clam chowder, and I would recommend this to everyone. They fell completely short on my sons dish which he ordered: the calamari appetizer as his main course. The calamari was overlooked. My thoughts were they may not have paid attention to his meal as he is a kid however he is a kid who is a calamari eating expert and knows when calamari is cooked incorrectly.

Visited July 2013
Marshall, Michigan
“Outstanding Seafood - great location”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The Wharf is right downtown in Alexandria which makes it easy to find. The interior is really nice and clean and the service is great.
Everything we had ordered was absolutely delicious - especially the She Crab Soup - you should do yourself a favor and order a cup of this goodness.

• Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great seafood experience in a cool part of town”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Wharf restaurant is located in a cool part of Old Alexandria on a street filled with dining choices. We saw the fried shrimp as we were walking by and knew we had to try them. Once seated we ordered the fried oysters as an appetizer - I highly recommend these! Afterwards we had fried shrimp and a Kansas City Strip steak, both were excellent. Ambiance is nice and service was good.